Is this a swimming pool/walking path community? Can I walk to Retail Drive from here?

Asked by tracy_fandl, Chapel Hill, NC Mon Sep 5, 2011

What is the name of the neighborhood? We are relocating from the Chicago area and are very interested in hearing more about this home. Thank you.

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3053024867-12308-Beestone-Ln-…

Answers

7
Bo Bromhal, Agent, Raleigh, NC
Mon Sep 5, 2011
As noted, this is in Wakefield, or Wakefield Plantation. Wakefield is generally thought of as being in the town of Wake Forest, but is actually within the raleigh city limits.

It is in the Deauville section, near the sports club. The sports club has 2 pools, a clubhouse, tennis courts, and a 9 hole "executive" golf course. The annual HOA dues are $330 per home but this does NOT cover use of the sports club amenities. You can also become a full member of Wakefield, which entails the TPC course as well, and just announced - membership in MCConnell Golf (which is a whole 'nother ball of wax!). This would be a ~$25K initiation fee and roughly $500/mo in dues.

http://www.tpcwakefieldplantation.com/viewCustomPage.aspx?id=49

Wakefield is indeed a very walkable neighborhood, and has a nice rolling topography. I don't think you'd walk, cross the Highway 98 Bypass, and go to Retail Drive for the traffic/safety reasons noted, but it is very close.

If there are other questions you have about the neighborhood, the area, or other pool communtiites just ask! If you do not already have a professional realtor helping you during the move, by all means pick one to help you through the process; our laws in NC are often very different from other states.
Web Reference:  http://www.BoBromhal.com
Venita Peyton, Agent, Raleigh, NC
Mon Sep 5, 2011
Wakefield has a variety of home styles and price ranges. Plus - if the pool is closed, there is an area YMCA that should allow swimming year round! It appears to be a flipped property, as the current owner just purchased on 4/19/2011 for $290,000 and you'll have to pay taxes on the $450,000 tax value (which can be appealed later).
Conder Realty…, , Raleigh, NC
Mon Sep 5, 2011
Wakefield is a very nice neighborhood with some excellent amenities. It can be a lengthy commute to RTP if you are traveling during peak hours. If your not a big golfer, you may consider the North Hills area. It is a little shorter commute to RTP and is in walking distance of grocery, coffee, restaurants, etc. and a short drive to Downtown Raleigh. There are a couple private pools/clubs you can join and the fees are competitive. Best of luck with your search. Jimmy Conder - Conder Realty
Web Reference:  http://www.Conderrealty.com
tracy_fandl, Home Buyer, Chapel Hill, NC
Mon Sep 5, 2011
Thanks for all the great feedback! We are not golfers and just want to find a neighborhood within 25 mins to RTP that has both a community pool AND walkable to anything... coffee shop or grocery. Too many choices can make it more difficult, so much ground to cover!
Dianne Creech, Agent, Raleigh, NC
Mon Sep 5, 2011
Wakefield Planatation is a TPC golf community located in North Raleigh near Wake Forest. It is an excellent community. You can bike or walk to shopping in 2 nearby shopping areas (without crossing a busy road). Nearby by auto is Triangle Mall. Good schools, friendly neighborhood, many community activities. You can choose to be a member of the the Wakefield Country Club on different levels of membership (golf, tennis, pool). I am a Worldwide ERC Certified Relocation Professional. Please let me know how I can best assist you in your relocation to the Triangle area (Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill). Thank you.
Aaron Peeler, Agent, Raleigh, NC
Mon Sep 5, 2011
This home is in Wakefield. It does have a swimming pool and the neighborhood is very walker-friendly, with sidewalks throughout. It would be possible to walk to Retail Drive, but highway 98 is not what I would consider to be a pedestrian friendly crossing.
Gretchen Biv…, , Cary, NC
Mon Sep 5, 2011
The neighborhood is located Northeast of Raleigh in the top corner of the county. It is named Wakefield and it is a large community. Feel free to email me at Gretchen@GretchensHomes.com and I will email you the MLS link. You can also call me at 919-649-5134