Is this a foreclosure or short sale?

Asked by Valeri Prater, Puyallup, WA Sat May 8, 2010

I may qualify to purchase under Neighborhood Stabilization Program. I believe the home needs to be a foreclosure or a short sale. I'm am just doing some preliminary wandering around to get myself familiar with ways to look for a place.

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/36719068-12808-79th-Avenue-Ct…

Answers

3
Lb, , Tacoma, WA
Mon May 10, 2010
The Neighborhood Stabilization Program or NSP is a great option for first time buyers looking to purchase. I have prior clients who were happy using this for their down payment along with FHA financing. The first step before you shop for the home is to make sure you are pre-approved for the mortgage. Also there are other down payment programs through the county and city.

You can read more information at: http://www.cityoftacoma.org/Page.aspx?hid=13534
Jirius Isaac, Agent, Kenmore, WA
Sat May 8, 2010
Valeri,

I would second what the Solinsky team said. I have suggested in past posts, and will continue to suggest in the future, that as a buyer you Google every agent that responds to your question here on Trulia, learn as much as you can about who they are online, read their client testimonials, so you know what their clients are saying about them, and then give us each a call and just ask us why we think you should work with us instead of another agent. Then, pick the best fit for you and let them go to work for you with the skill and knowledge that they have. I hope to hear from you soon
Brian Solins…, Agent, Federal Way, WA
Sat May 8, 2010
Valeri - this property is a short sale and has an offer that is pending approval. Oftentimes the best properties get an offer as soon as they are on the market and can go pending within as little as a day after coming on the market.

It is very helpful to work with a real estate professional to assist you in your search for a home. Many real estate agents have search tools available that send clients new listings that match the client's search criteria as soon as they hit the market.

Last week, one of my buyers found a new listing that hit the market, viewed the property, made an offer, and had it accepted all within the first day the house was on the market. They saw it on the search that I had set up for them.

It would be a good idea to meet with a few agents to find one you feel comfortable with, that will provide the information you need, and negotiate on your behalf for the price you can afford.

I wish you the best on your search!!!