Is this a crime area?

Asked by Kat, Chicago, IL Mon Mar 25, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/homes/Illinois/Chicago/sold/1235714-86…

Answers

4
Edith Karoli…, Agent, Winnetka, IL
Tue Mar 26, 2013
By law Realtors are not allowed to give this type of information to a potential buyer, like basically guiding with that information a buyer into or out of a certain neighborhood or area, as this can be perceived as being STEERING which would be against the law. Therefore Buyers need to do some of their own research, google the chicago crime map, and yes the ideas of Myrna below are exactly the things I recommend to my buyers.
Realtors will be extremely helpful in finding your the right property for your needs and in your price range, they can inform you about where parks, shopping malls etc. are located and the transportation
possibilities, most of all they will be most helpful in preparing their buyers so that they are ready to make an offer, finding and showing the right properties to their clients, pointing out to them the good the bad and the ugly if any, and once ready to make an offer they will provide to the buyers a detailed market evaluation of the property/ies in question so that the buyer will be able to make an educated offer, and will have a good feeling for what kind of negotiations with the seller may follow....

If you need to know more about the advantages to work with a buyers agent let me know.(if property is listed with a brokerage / mls listing) the buyers agent usually is free to the buyers, as they are paid at the closing by the Seller's side, but the Buyers' 100 % loyalty and commitment to just ONE Realtor their buyers agent is required.

Good Luck to you

Sincerely yours,
Edith YourRealtor4Life & Chicago, North Shore & Northern Illinois Expert
Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients, Buyers, Sellers and
Investors alike....And always with a SMILE :)

Covering for @Properties Chicago & suburbs, and with her trusted Partner
Agents US & world wide properties. French, German, some Spanish &more EdithSellsHomes@atproperties.com or EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com
Check out my website at http://tinyurl.com/YourRealtor4Life
Get to know me! Learn about my experience, expertise, services! Read letters
of recommendation! Sign up to search for properties in my expanded service area.
HAVE THE MOST WONDERFUL DAY :)
Myrna Santia…, Agent, Chicago, IL
Mon Mar 25, 2013
Legally, agents are not allowed to answer this questions - however, it is recommended that you research the crime rates online, drive around midday, afternoon and night - Personally, I would ask the police department in charge of that district.

Sometimes, it wouldn't hurt to even ask a friendly face who may live in the neighborhood!
Ivan Sagel, Agent, Chicago, IL
Mon Mar 25, 2013
Kat,

Google "Chicago Crime Map" to compare crime in different areas.

Ivan Sagel
312.515.7823
Ivan@atproperties.com
Matt Laricy, Agent, Chicago, IL
Mon Mar 25, 2013
We can't answer this type of question. Only you know what's best for your family. Check out the place at all different times of the day and night.