Is there any electrical or plumbing issues with this house? If so, how is the roof? Thank you.

Asked by Neil, New Bedford, MA Wed Sep 1, 2010

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/1069247943-369-371-Hillman-St…

Answers

3
Elizabeth Si…, Agent, New Bedford, MA
Wed Sep 1, 2010
Hi, I'm the listing agent for this property. It does need complete rehab (reflected in price) but yes it is under agreement at this time. Potential EPA issues do exist and from what weve been told home needs to be tested regularly by EPA to ensure the propety hasn't been affected (do search regarding issues at nbhs and Keith jr high). Although info is deemed reliable it should be verified thoroughly by any potential buyer or the agent representing them, to ensure they have all the facts to make a sound decision about their purchase. Hope this helps, best of luck.
Heidi Zizza, Agent, Wilmington, VT
Wed Sep 1, 2010
Neil to answer your question.. YES there are many issues with this house! In addition this house in allreay under agreement. The listing states EPA issue meaning probably major mold caused by serious interior water which in most cases is caused by burst pipes which can also wreck the electrical. At any rate this home is off the market.
Web Reference:  http://www.mdmrealtyinc.com
MaryBeth Mil…, Agent, Pembroke, MA
Wed Sep 1, 2010
Hi Neil, I am not familiar with the specific property you have identified but I would encourage you to visit first, determine if the home meets your needs whether for personal residence or investment. If you believe it is of interest then you can either request the assistance of a professional in the electrical and or plumbing business to evaluate the current physical plant of the property, or even a good friend in the trades may shed some light on the condition of the property. Should you then feel that if there are any issues you can deal with them then go forth with an offer to purchase (unless this is a property which others may be interested in then put the offer forth contingent upon your inspections). In your offer you will have a number of conditions or contingencies to be met and of course inspections at a higher level will be mentioned. Remember just like what I write here is my opinion that the opinions you receive from the contractors and or home inspectors are again their opinions, sometimes it pays to have more than one. Good luck with your search and if I may be of assistance please do not hesitate to call on me, always love to share "my opinion".