Is there a way to find comparable prices for homes sold in 2011 in the 94544/Hayward area code?

Asked by templeton, Hayward, CA Tue Feb 19, 2013

Our mother passed away in January 2011 but we did not sell her house until June 2012 after the prices dropped. I thought I had heard that this would be considered a loss that could be deducted from your taxes. Is this true?

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


templeton, , Hayward, CA
Thu Feb 21, 2013
Thanks for the responses.
0 votes
John Juarez, Agent, Fremont, CA
Wed Feb 20, 2013
For tax advice, ask a tax expert.

For real estate advice, ask a Realtor.
0 votes
Pacita Dimac…, Agent, Oakland, CA
Tue Feb 19, 2013
Ask a realtor to help you. If you used a realtor to sell the property, that same realtor should be able to gather the information you need.

This is a service we normally provide to people in your situation, as well as folks who want to justify or challenge a property tax assessment.

Good luck.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more