Is the sq. footage correct in this listing at 1,811? If so how is that possible when all the other homes are at 1360 sq. ft.?

Asked by Eddie Martinez, Philadelphia, PA Thu Jan 12, 2012

Optional details about your question

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3040589757-12406-Sweet-Briar-…

Answers

9
Bill Sims, Agent, Huntingdon Valley, PA
Thu Jan 12, 2012
Eddie Your our looking at the sq footage of exterior of property.. The interior sq footage is correct. My team has this listing and if you like to see this property please contact me anytime. Seller is very motivated!

Eddie I send you 3 property's on Sweet Briar that are avaialble today! I seen you opened the email if you like to see any of them please contact me anytime. Bill Sims Realtor@Coldwell Banker Realty One. 12339 Academy Road, Philadelphia, Pa 19154. Cell 215-740-3580
R. Eric Axel…, Agent, Cherry Hill, NJ
Thu Jan 12, 2012
Hi Eddie, that is lot sq footage. You want building sq footage. Interior sq feet is 1,360, which is more in line with the neighbors. I recently found my cousin a great row home in the Northeast. Are you working with a Realtor yet? If not, you should be. It's typically no cost to you, the Buyer, in PA. Shoot me an email to touch base so I can help guide you as to what the next steps should be.

Would you like to see the interior of any homes yet?

Eric Axelson, Associate Broker
Kurfiss Sotheby's International Realty
856.617.1212 m
axelson@kurfiss.com
Web Reference:  http://kurfiss.com
Peter McNich…, , Philadelphia, PA
Thu Jan 12, 2012
1360sq ft = Interior
1811 = Building square feet
- the lot is 91 ft long
- 1811 divided by 91 = 19.90
19.90 = width of the house - the city rounds that up to 20 to make it easy.
John Leonard, Agent, West Chester, PA
Thu Jan 12, 2012
Hello Eddie,

Here is your possible answers, though it is my opinion the first is the correct one in this specific case.

Sellers agent has inlcuded an estimate, or perhaps actual measured, square footage of the finished basement area into the stated square footage in the listing.

The tax records (public records) show the finished living space as they were all built originally - without the basement area finished. obviously anyone can clearly see if one home is larger or smaller, but 25% than its identical neighbors. this one is not.

the other possibility would be if a home had an addition put on, or sometimes an attic finished off. In your case, no attic area to finish, and no addition is practically possible or generally desireable, in a middle-row home.

Feel free to contact me for more information, if you are not working with an agent, and want to find out more about homes nearby, or the buying process. Good luck under any circumstances.

John Leonard
Long & Foster Real Estate
610-642-9389
john.leonard@lnf.com
Web Reference:  http://www.nicepahomes.com
Stephanie Ba…, , Philadelphia, PA
Thu Jan 12, 2012
Hi there Eddie,

This is actually a typo by whoever listed it. The sq.ft that's listed as 1,811 is actually the lot size which is pretty much the same for the neighboring homes. The actual sq. feet of the home is listed in the public records as 1,360 so I'm assuming the 451 sq. ft. difference is used for the garage and/or deck space.

If you have any other questions about homes or would like to know more about this neighborhood please don't hesitate to email me. Thanks and have a great day.

Stephanie Barr
Robert Weiss, Agent, Rockledge, PA
Thu Jan 12, 2012
Here is a link that will show you that the Square footage is correct in the MLS.

http://www.trendmls.com/mls/Client/Email/EmailClick.aspx?s=1…

If you have interest in looking at this home we would be glad to help you.

Bob Weiss
Broker/Owner
Coldwell Banker Hearthside Realtor215-379-2002
Ana Barlow, Agent, Philadadelphia, PA
Thu Jan 12, 2012
Hi

The mls reflects 1360 sf for this property.

Ana Barlow
Coldwell Banker Preferred
anabarlow@gmail.com
Peter McNich…, , Philadelphia, PA
Thu Jan 12, 2012
1811 sq ft is the lot dimensions - the lot is 20ft x 91ft = 1820. It is off by 9 sq ft because of rounding up the numbers. Feel free to call me with any questions or if you would like to see inside. House has been up for 362 days as of today 1/12/12. My cell is 215-605-8888.
James G Brop…, Agent, Phila, PA
Thu Jan 12, 2012
The actual sq ft is 1,360 and that is correctly being reported in Trendmls.com. Could be the site you are searching had a glitch in uploading data?

If you would like to see this or other property call me to schedule appointment.

Jim Brophy
Associate Broker
RE/MAX 2000
215-698-2063
215-820-6001
jamesgbrophy@aol.com