Property Q&A in Scottsdale>Question Details

Rmklabunde, Renter in Scottsdale, AZ

Is the monthly rent of $1050 correct on the property on Thompson Peak Parkway? It seems way too low.

Asked by Rmklabunde, Scottsdale, AZ Fri Nov 11, 2011

This question is about this property:…

If this property is located in DC Ranch, then yes, I would agree that the monthly rent that is listed seems too low. For a single family residence in this gated community, the lowest rent that I see is closer to $3000/month. If this were a condo or townhome, then yes, the $1050 would be more accurate. Please feel free to contact me or any other REALTOR if you would like information or assistance.

Kelly Rossi
Solutions Real Estate
Web Reference:
Not really. It could be a condo at a number of projects: the Edge, the Venu. Probably not Cachet or any of the gated communities. One bedroom units have sold for $70-80k+, so a rental amount of $1050 would be a great ROI. Tom Martz, Realty Executives. 480-483-9307.
This looks like it might be a "home care taker" rental which is a popular method for some people to rent homes for very low rates while the home is listed for sale. You would have to inquire with the lister but he is with Home Care Takers and that's a tip that it may be that type of program. They basically "interview" your furnishings to make sure the home would look model ready with what you own and then the renters "job" is to make sure home is shown well and cared for in turn for the reduced rent. There are several companies around the valley that do this and can be an option for some. You just have to be prepared to move a lot.
Laura Myers
AZ Real Estate Consultants
Keller Williams AZ Realty
Yes, that's way too low. Good quality homes in that area lease for $2-$2.3K. If you click on the postlets ad link, you'll find that this listing appears to be looking for someone to essentially be a caretaker for the home, while I'm assuming it's listed for sale. Probably a month to month lease and a tenant that's okay with people touring the house frequently. If you have any other questions about that area, I've done a lot of investment / rental work in the area and know it well.

Jason McNeal
It depends on what type of property you are looking for. If it is a condo or town home this sounds like a reasonable rate. If you are looking to rent a single family home this price is not accurate. If you would like help finding a rental feel free to contact me at 602.826.9050. Best of luck in your search.
Web Reference: