Is the damage fixed from the water issue?? All repairs, including pipes, drywall, flooring, ect.?

Asked by Jackie, 10509 Thu Feb 19, 2009

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/1069422177-26-Sycamore-Blvd-W…

Answers

4
Jeffrey Eraca, Agent, Poughkeepsie, NY
Thu Feb 19, 2009
Hi Jackie,
I'd be happy to find out for you, or arrange a showing and we can go and see what damage there is. If I can be of any help please call me (845) 380-5162

Jeff Eraca
Web Reference:  http://www.eracarealty.com
John Durso, Agent, Poughkeepsie, NY
Thu Feb 19, 2009
No, the bank would not fix a freeze damaged house, nor would they accept a contigency for them to repair. It would be sold as-is. A house with freeze damage would require special financing like a 203K loan or cash offer.
St. Lawrence…, Agent, Stamford, CT
Fri Feb 20, 2009
As John already stated, the Bank will not fix the damage, but the buyer can through the 203K Loan.

If you are interested in this house, you will need to see it with a Realtor, but be sure to bring your Contractor with you as only he/she will be able to honestly answer the Important Questions...HOW MUCH? And make sure the contractor puts it in writing. However, even with that, remember that no one knows what happened behind walls so be sure to budget for a 30% Cost Overrun.

If you do not have a contractor, St. Lawrence Properties, together with our sister company; LNG Contracting can make this seamless for you. Because of our in depth knowledge of construction, remodeling, repair and Real Estate, many people find it very beneficial to work with us. However, if you have a contractor you are comfortable with, we would still be Happy to assist you.

No matter which Realtor you choose, be sure to choose a Buyers Agent!

Good Luck
Gregory Schr…, Agent, Beacon, NY
Thu Feb 19, 2009
Because it is a short sale, I doubt that they have the money necessary to pay for the repairs.