Is it in good condition? Suz

Asked by S. Wolf, 08002 Thu Dec 4, 2008

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/1072149612-418-Lincoln-Ave-Co…

Answers

5
Patti Massen…, Agent, Collingswood, NJ
Fri Dec 5, 2008
A twin in downtown Collingswood for $147,000? I would expect for there to be some issues.. As far as how severe? Well, I happen to be a Main Street Realtor ( Main Street holds a considerable amount of market share in collingswood and are the area specialists) I live right up the street and would be happy to preview it for you or take you through. Let me know if I can be of service.

Patti Massengale
pmassengale@mainstrealty.com
856-534-6641
Web Reference:  http://www.MainStRealty.com
terryriw53, Agent, Sewell, NJ
Thu Dec 4, 2008
Suz,

Without trying to sell you this property or my services, what Iw ill do is give you my analysis of what I see. I will do this as if you are my customer and this is what I would recommend to any of my customers. What concerns me is that the agent did not include any interior photos. This could be for many reasons; one of which may be that they haven't gotten to upload them yet or they haven't had an opportunity to go back and take any. OR...the interior may not be in "showing condition" (outdated wallpaper, light fixtures, etc.). Who knows but the listing agent. But that would get me to wondering.

The owner is offering a home warranty...that is good. That means that they feel there MAY be some issues but don't know with any certainty. The listing agent also states that "that a little bit of work will pay big dividends." I don't know what this means but does it infer what Tom Lange gave as an opinion as to what needs to be done? Difficult to say. The lsiting agent also designated the property as Average+ and not FixUp/TLC. We REALTORS are not contractors so everyone has different perspectives. You have to determine that for yourself.

Now, for the key question. What is it that YOU are looking for? Are you looking for a home in a specific area (i.e. Collingswood)? Home at a specific price (i.e. $147,900)? Or a combination of both? Are you looking for a home that you can move into without any additonal work or effort or would you be able to put some amount of "sweat" into it if you could get it at some amount less then market price. I'd like to hear what your perspective. E-mail me if you wish.
Web Reference:  http://www.i-teamhomes.com
Tom Lange, , 08002
Thu Dec 4, 2008
I saw the house. It needs a new main roof yesterday. The floors slope. Small closets, An OLD (as in get a new one) oil furnace and some termite damage in the basement. The side of the garage covered by blue tarp is rotted at the bottom. It needs some ceiling repair in the kitchen (otherwise the kitchen is ok) and it needs to be completely repainted inside plus all the peeling paint on the porch and side. There is no CA and you have to share a driveway.
For a twin the size isn't bad.

It is over priced for the condition.
Elisa Dewees, Agent, Cherry Hill, NJ
Thu Dec 4, 2008
Depends on what you consider "good condition". The home needs updating and is at the lower price range for a twin home in the area. Lincoln Avenue is in town center and you can walk to Patco, downtown and the park. Most twins are selling in the upper $100's to low $200's.
Janet Larsen, Agent, Turnersville, NJ
Thu Dec 4, 2008
Here is the description from the mls. Generous rm sizes, newer thermo windows T/O, H/W heat, open front porch, 1 1/2 car det garg, commond driveway & 2 car parking. full bsmt, oil heat (tank in bsmt), 3 blks to Cooper River Park! HSA 1 yr Home Warranty for the Buyer! Take a good look & you will see that a little bit of work will pay big dividends. If you would like to schedule a showing to see the inside, please contact me at 856-261-6910. or email me at njrealtorjan@comcast.net

Janet Larsen
Remax Connection
660 Woodbury Glassboro Rd
Sewell, NJ 08080
Offc. 856-415-1210, Ext 321
Web Reference:  http://www.njrealtorjan.com