Is a high rise condo located in buckhead area easy to be rented?

Asked by Ellen, Georgia Tech, Atlanta, GA Sat Feb 26, 2011

Answers

9
Rodney Mason, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Atlanta, GA
Sat Feb 26, 2011
Most every condo project has restrictions on the number of units that can be rented at any given time. If you are considering purchasing a condo as a rental property, you would need to look into your ability to rent the unit. Many projects have waiting lists for owners wanting to rent out their units.

Rodney Mason
Sr Loan Officer / FHA 203K Renovation / HomePath Specialist
Prospect Mortgage
Atlanta, GA
(404) 591-2453
rodney.mason@prospectmtg.com
Apply Online at http://www.rodneymason.com
Licensed in AL & GA
Sonya, , Atlanta, GA
Mon Feb 28, 2011
In rare occassions you can find a rental in the Buckhead area, but it is an even better deal to purchase now as a result of the market. Some of the penthouses are offering incredible deals that can potentially help put you ahead financially in a few years. Buy into a 50% equity position to cash in on in the future. Remarkable deals for smart buyers. If possible, try to lock into a lease purchase to lock in a low sales price if you know your credit is workable and months from getting in shape or you just need to save funds for earnest money or a down payment. Nonetheless, there are rarer situations for owner financing. Nonetheless, rentals are an option. I hope this helps. Feel free to call me. My buckhead office is close to the area: Re/Max Greater Atlanta - Intown on Piedmont. The Sonya Jones Group specializes in securing penthouses and sky lofts. Feel free to call if you have any other questions. http://www.BestHomesInGeorgia.com
Voices Member, , Atlanta, GA
Sun Feb 27, 2011
Ellen-

I'd love to help you and it sounds as if I may need a bit more information regarding your specific circumstances in order to find the best answer to your question. Call me at 404-441-0413 so we can work together to find a solution.

-Jolana Roberts, Realtor
Keller Williams Realty Peachtree Road
insideoutatlanta.kwrealty.com
Jackson Hand…, Agent, Atlanta, GA
Sat Feb 26, 2011
Or, are you looking to purchase a condo in order to rent it? In that case, I can help, too! Give me a shout at JacksonSold@yahoo.com.
Jackson Hand…, Agent, Atlanta, GA
Sat Feb 26, 2011
Depends on what your price range is, really. I have found many rentals in high rises for clients and would be happy to help you. Just email me at JacksonSold@yahoo.com. I am a Realtor with 17 years' experience.
Thanks.
Thom Abbott, Agent, Atlanta, GA
Sat Feb 26, 2011
Pretty much can ditto what the others have said. But, if you don't own and are looking to buy, you would want to look for a building that still has leasing permits available. An agent can assist you with this. As for leasing your condo, the rental market has been a bit strange this year. It seems that potential renters are in no rush to make a decision, and it's taken longer to secure tenants than in the past. Who knew?
Web Reference:  http://MyMidtownMojo.com
Lee Taylor, Agent, Decatur, GA
Sat Feb 26, 2011
Most of the time no, it's not easy for a landlord to tender a condo rental, due to HOA rules. All of the answers agree, so far.
Are we answering your relatively easy question, or like David said, are we missing details?
Web Reference:  http://intowninsider.com
GailHarrisRe…, Agent, Marietta, GA
Sat Feb 26, 2011
What Rodney said about condo rental restrictions is key. That is a huge problem right now. People dont want to take a loss on selling their devalued condo, so they try to rent. Come to find out the building has maxed out its total rental numbers. You can get a amazing price on a condo right now, but you better want to live in it, because you sure cannot rent it.
davidwbrower, , Woodstock, GA
Sat Feb 26, 2011
That's a loaded question. For how much? In what building? does your location allow renters and if so, what percentage of renters to owners? is that percentage maxed out and how long is the waiting list for owners to rent? No enough information to answer your question. If you would like a detailed answer give me a call or email with specifics as to what you have to offer: size, location, br's. I would let you know what the market will bring and what asking rent price that would get you a quicker renter, assuming time is of the essence. Also, are you looking for property management services? We offer that if you were interested. Look forward to hearing more details from you.

David Brower, Associate Broker
Crye-Leike Realtors
678-982-9600
david@davidwbrower.com