Inground Pool - Should we keep or fill in?

Asked by Syl, 07748 Mon Sep 10, 2012

When we bought our ranch home back in 1970 it came with inground 16x32 pool which at that time we really enjoyed. Lately, especially with traveling a lot it seems to be more work than fun. It's due for another liner and possibly other repairs. May not sell the house for several years before moving to a retirement community. Debating whether to fill in the pool but would it make a big difference in the selling price?

Answers

1
Graziella Ca…, Agent, Red Bank, NJ
Mon Sep 17, 2012
My first thought would be to leave the pool. There are many people who would love to have a pool and then their are buyers that do not want a pool. Its very hard to please every buyer but I do feel there maybe more buyers that would enjoy the pool. Filling the pool is an costly expense. I think it would be more cost effective to just get a new liner and make some repairs. I would love to discuss this more with you. If you would like, call me and I would be happy to answer any of your other questions.

Have a great day!
Grace Caruso
201-658-8324
gracecaruso@comcast.net