Incorrect square footage

Asked by StevensStock, San Diego County, CA Fri Feb 22, 2013

I have previously contacted Trulia about the square footage you've listed on my property which is incorrect and does not match public records. You previously fixed this, but now it is incorrect again. The correct square footage is 2676 according to public records. Can you update? Thanks.

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/homes/California/Carlsbad/sold/6610161…

Answers

2
Tony Cannon, Agent, Carlsbad, CA
Sun Apr 14, 2013
The public records I use as a real estate agent in the Carlsbad area also shows what Trulia displays: 2184sf. You can have Trulia change their data, but the correct way to fix it is to contact the San Diego County Assessor's office. Then your information will be correct on any website which uses this data. You may have to show proof of your actual square footage such as an appraisal, permit records, or builder drawings.
I have a letter from the County of San Diego Assessor's Office, and several emails from one of their staff members. My guess is that your source is not the County, but perhaps some reseller that aggregates this data. I have provided Trulia the proof provided to me by the Assessor's office but they will not make the correction. Can you tell me your source for our square footage? If you provide me with your email address, I'll send a scan of my letter to you.
Flag Sun Apr 14, 2013
Alison Hillm…, , San Francisco, CA
Wed Mar 6, 2013
Please email us directly, customerservice@trulia.com

Ali, Community manager
So Trulia has responded to my request to correct the square footage on my house. I provided them with documentation from public records, but they still are not able to make the correction, although they did contact me to let me know they could not help. Frankly, this makes the Trulia website less useful to me as I can only assume if my information is bad, other information is suspect too. I have unscribed to the Truila mailing list.
I'm sorry Trulia was not able to be more helpful.
Flag Mon Mar 18, 2013