Eb, Other/Just Looking in Studio City, CA

If the Bank owns a property and another person who lives in a house next to that property and is having problems with the people who reside in the

Asked by Eb, Studio City, CA Thu Aug 19, 2010

premises and seem to be violating several thing's,including noise, excessive amount's of people living in the residence just to name a few,and we did find out that BANK OF AMERICA own's the prop. we believe but can't find or know who to speak with regarding this please help my parent's...eb

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Tommy Lee, , 91502
Thu Aug 19, 2010
This happens more than you think. I know of a situation where an owner was going to rent his property to people even though he had been served a notice of default. Then, when he finally lost the property on June 28, he promptly asked the tenants for rent for August. They came to me to ask for help. Now they are in court.

Sometimes it is the person who has lost the property that continues to live there until the bank evicts them and sometimes it is an unsuspecting tenant. Either way, banks are sitting on more and more inventory and so this is happening more and more.

Trying to find out who is responsible at B of A is next to impossible. You would probably get someone fresh out of training that has no idea what the 300 files on his desk need. And, if you get an experienced person, many times they are on edge because the bulk of their calls are angry homeowners.

The advice below is pretty good. You might want to encourage your mom to do a little digging though. If there is a noise ordinance in Studio City, she might want to check the specifics. The neighbors may not be violating the ordinance if it even exists. Also, you might want to call an agent to double check that B of A actually owns the property. Some of these were originally done by the bank but then bundled and sold to investors. The most accurate place to check is the city offices off Van Nuys up around Victory.

If they do own it, chances are that B of A will sit on the property for an indefinite time, perhaps a few years. Sorry. I wish I had better news.

Tommy Lee
DRE #01723594
говорю порусскии
0 votes
Pamela Nelson, Agent, Studio City, CA
Thu Aug 19, 2010
The tenants are probably paying rent to the people who defaulted on their loan and who are trying to get as much money out of the property as possible - still. The problem with talking to the bank is that the property paperwork is sitting somewhere in their system. It may not even be assigned to a particular employee yet. So it's really hard to get an institution to pay attention to one property out of thousands in their queue. The North Hollywood Police Department is at 11640 Burbank Boulevard. Their phone number is 818 623-4016. Start with them and ask if they might have any other ideas. The good news is that the tenants will eventually be evicted, but it could take a while. The police might get them to calm down their behaviors in the interim.
Web Reference:  http://www.pamelanelson.com
0 votes
Eb, , Studio City, CA
Thu Aug 19, 2010
Thank-you for your help i really appreciate it,my mom said that on top of everything else the owner had taken a mortage out,didn't pay it lost it to the bank then rented to these people who just don't belong,esp.when you live in studio city in the coldwater cyn hill's, i will definately speak with her first and contact you afterward's,Best Regard's Eb
0 votes
Sue Wylie, , Los Angeles County, CA
Thu Aug 19, 2010
There are noise and nuisance ordinances in every community. Call the POLICE.
When you call the police, you do not have to identify yourself as anything but a neighbor.
Tel the police you are afraid for your safety.
They will come out to the property.
BOA is not going to help you in the short term.
They may be having problems getting the tenants out.
BOA cannot manage the properties they own. And it may not be as big an issue for them as for you.
Call the Police each time there is a nuisance.
0 votes
Laura Ashley…, , Encino, CA
Thu Aug 19, 2010

I am sorry to hear of your parent's problems with the folks next door to them. This is not an isolated problem and you will need someone that can get on the inside of the B of A system to help in addition to contacting the poilce when these problems occur.

Please send me an email with your parent's/neighbor's address so I can access the BofA system for contact information regarding that property.

Laura Ashley
Keller Williams
0 votes
Pamela Nelson, Agent, Studio City, CA
Thu Aug 19, 2010
You are really in a quandry. The bank may not even be in California and they will do nothing either way. If it is listed for sale already, you might be able to get the listing agent to get involved on your behalf - but this doesn't sound like it is listed for sale yet. So.....I believe that your only recourse is to call the police and explain that there is excessive noise, too many people, underage drinking, whatever, and see if they will come out and do something. That's probably not what you wanted to hear, but it's the reality in this crazy market. Feel free to call me, 818 308-8613 Rodeo Realty, if you want to talk further about it.
Web Reference:  http://www.pamelanelson.com
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Property Q&A in Studio City Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more