If i lose my mobile home to foreclosure what can the park do to me about my space rent after my mobile goes into foreclosure and I leave

Asked by Momajenn, Lancaster, CA Thu Apr 15, 2010

Can they garnish money from me for rent if I forclosed on the house

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Shel-lee Dav…, Agent, Rolling Hills Estates, CA
Fri Apr 16, 2010
Sorry to hear that you are losing your home to foreclosure. Have you worked through all your options with a real estate professional, your bank, or a trusted advisor? Foreclosure should be a place of last resort. And, if you choose another method to deal with your situation, you might also be able to deal with the space rent at the same time. Let me know if I help you with some guidance on this issue.

Meanwhile, regarding the space rent. Mobile home law if very different from real estate law. You need to contact an attorney who deals with mobile homes and land lease/space rent issues. If you need a referral, please contact me through my profile. I just happen to be dealing with such an attorney right now, as I am involved in helping someone stop the foreclosure on their modular home. This attorney actually informed me that if the space rent is not paid, by either you or your lender, then your lender may even lose their right to foreclose. That being the case, you might want to contact the lender who is foreclosing on your property and notify them that you are not making your space rent payments. They may make them for you, to protect their interest in their collateral. Don't know if it will work, but it does not hurt to try, Dare to Dream.

Shel-lee Davis, CDPE
Your Real Estate Consultant for Life
RE/MAX Palos Verdes Realty
0 votes
Monique & Joe…, Agent, Beverly Hills, CA
Fri Apr 16, 2010
Hello Momajenn,

With most leases they can get a judment for the rent and garnish your wages. If you can pay the rent.

Monique Carrabba
The Carrabba Group
Keller Williams Hollywood Hills
(323) 899-2900
0 votes
Tvandemark, , 91355
Fri Apr 16, 2010

It is best that you contact a legal advisor and a tax advisor for the best information pertinent to your situation. Then, they consult with you to determine the best path for you.

Best of luck and hang in there,
TV-Tracy Van De Mark
Keller Williams Realty
(661) 310-4004
Web Reference:  http://www.Tvandemark.com
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Property Q&A in Lancaster Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more