If an HOA does foreclose on a home, if the law firm is as aggressive as their reputation says they are, do I just stop paying my mortgage to my bank,

Asked by Lohofa, Wesley Chapel, FL Sat Jan 9, 2010

and when? I am so confused and need guidance with this entire matter.

Answers

2
Chris Suarez…, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Spring Hill, FL
Sun Jan 10, 2010
Do not stop making your mortgage payments. This will ruin your credit. The HOA does not go on your credit. A judgement will though. I am not an attny but, advise you to answer the documents that you get from them/court and get an attny to help and advise you. The worse thing you can do is not make your mortgage payments and not answer those documents (in my opinion). I have a couple of Real Estate Attny's that can help you out. Also, it depends on what stage the HOA is at with coming against you. Sometimes, the homwowner prevails from what I have heard.
Chris Suarez
Suarez Home & Finance Corp.
SuarezHomeFinance@bellsouth.net
352-754-6191
Bill Szydlow…, Agent, Tampa, FL
Sun Jan 10, 2010
Lohofa,

I would highly recommend you get an attorney to help you sort thru this. Only good attorney's can counteract issues that come up. Let me know if you need the name of a good one.

Bill Szydlowski
The Szydlowski Team
Future Home Realty
813-323-4443
Web Reference:  http://www.tampamyhome.com