If a question has been answered correctly and throughly already then why do people continue to post essentially the same answer?

Asked by Mike Malvey, Fort Collins, CO Thu Jan 27, 2011

I will see a question that is answered well and correctly but then people will continue answering the question by more or less restating what was already answered. I feel like if you don't have anything different to add then move on. What purpose does it serve?

Answers

6
Todd Spiller, Agent, Fort Collins, CO
Fri Jan 28, 2011
Hello Mike,

While there is a great deal of redundancy, 'repeat' answers are easily skipped over. In spite of minor faults this is one of the best 'blogs' with some great postings.

Todd
Brad Lowell, Agent, Fort Collins, CO
Fri Jan 28, 2011
I like the different opinions and details and answers. Each person contributes differently. The questions is answered more "fully" with many answers.
The Kinslow…, Agent, Centennial, CO
Thu Jan 27, 2011
The more answers an Agent posts, the higher their priority on Trulia's list of Realtors. Sort of like you obviously already know, the more you post things on the internet, the more your name comes up when someone does a google search on you. I see you know this because I googled your name and you are all over the internet.

Sandy Kinslow
Coldwell Banker DTC
The Kinslow Team
Suz A, Agent, Longmont, CO
Sat Feb 19, 2011
Hello Mike,
That is cumbersome to sort through 20 responses. But, look at this way: You can readily see there is a consensus on a particular issue.

(Trulia, there is a better way to encourage responses other than rankings. Personally, I vote for lattes.)

If you spend some time scrolling through the Q&A, you will discover there are some very helpful responses that must have taken considerable time out of the agent's day to write. I haven't found duplication where the question calls for particular expertise. I am impressed with these threads, and when the agent provides a link. But some answers are best answered by agents who have been confronted with a particular issue in the past and they can share what they learned. I think in instances like this, this format shines.

While the Trulia Q&A isn't the real estate version of Wikipedia, it is a very good resource.

SuZ
PML of Longmont, CO
Kenny Layton, Agent, Fort Collins, CO
Fri Jan 28, 2011
I agree Mike. I do think it is helpful when multiple answers compliment/confirm a specific conclusion. However, there's not need to belabor a point that has already been made.
Valerie Klei…, Agent, Littleton, CO
Fri Jan 28, 2011
Ego. Free advertising. Ego. Hoping to snag the customer. The