I would love to contact owner about property

Asked by Marsha Frazier, Windsor, Newport News, VA Fri Feb 4, 2011

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/homes/Virginia/Newport_News/sold/13907…

Answers

6
Lisa Remingt…, Agent, Williamsburg, VA
Mon Feb 7, 2011
Marsha, The best way to find an owner is by searching the public property records. They are online. It will list an owners mailing address, if they've moved.
Frank Bigans…, Agent, Newport News, VA
Sat Feb 5, 2011
Hi Marsha,

I wouldn't waste your time on this one because based on the information I have, the owner is nearly upside down on his mortgage which explains why the house sat on the market unsold for 231 days – it was grossly overpriced!

If you're looking for a deal on a house, call or email me and I'll be happy to begin assisting you and helping you with your financing. If you were curious about contacting the owner about "lease to own" opportunities, I would not suggest going down that path for many reasons, all too lengthy to detail here.

But when looking at any property for sale, it is imperative that you speak to a lender and become pre-approved for a mortgage first, so you are positioned to submit an offer the moment a good deal hits the market. The best properties still sell in as little as 7-14 days, even in today's "slow market." So it’s important to have a buyer's agent such as myself to create a profile for you in the MLS database, so you are emailed listings as soon as they hit the market. Please do yourself a huge favor and contact any of the local agents who posted a reply in this thread, and let them help you – it will only benefit you and most agents will assist you at no cost or obligation. I personally never charge you a fee to help you find and purchase a home.

I recently helped a client purchase a remodeled and updated 1940’s 4-bedroom home in Hampton for $135,000. It had a remodeled kitchen with granite counters, ceramic tile, and she purchased the home with just $500 down. And the best thing was, since I was able to get all of her closing costs paid for by the seller/investor, she actually received her $500 back after closing! She bascially bought a home with "zero down!"

An agent can do wonders for you, so contact an agent today! It’s in your best interest!

Frank Biganski, Realtor
Reliance Realty at Port Warwick
Newport News, VA 23606
(757) 303-0517
frank@reliancerealty.com
Gemmav Stokes, Agent, Chesapeake, VA
Fri Feb 4, 2011
Hi Marsha,

Houses have come down in prices considerable since 155 Ridgewood Pkwy. was on the market. There are five similar foreclosed/pre-foreclosed homes in that same sub-division at bargain prices.

I will send you a free-list of all homes that meet you are interested in. Just email or call.
Timothy P Mc…, , Newport News, VA
Fri Feb 4, 2011
By all means if the property is for sale by owner you should make contact. If the property is listed by a Realtor (you will see his/her sign) then you should contact that agent. The seller has contractully agreed that a Realtor will represent them in all matters relating to the sale of the property.
Carol Davanay, Agent, Newport News, VA
Fri Feb 4, 2011
Hi Marsha. This listing has been off the market since last August. You are more than welcome to contact the seller regarding the selling of this home. If you are unable to find the owner's phone number, you could write a letter expressing an interest in buying and including your contact information. I do that routinely when I have a buyer who has been unable to find a home in a requested neighborhood. Your very first step if you are considering purchasing a home is to get pre-approved for a home mortage by a local, reputable mortgage lender. Any seller will request a letter of pre-approval as part of an offer to purchase and you will also know exactly how much you can comfortably afford for a home.

Please do not buy real estate without adequate representation by a licensed realtor. There are so many rules, regulations, restrictions and laws that the non-professional knows nothing of and you need to be protected. Also, it is routine and customary for sellers to pay buyer agent commissions so it could work to your advantage as well. If I can help, please let me know. Good luck!
Michele Gibs…, Agent, Winchester, VA
Fri Feb 4, 2011
If the house is a for sale by owner, then that is obviously no probelm. However if it is listed with an agent, the owner has done that so the agent can field the calls initially. If you wish to speak with the owner, call the lsiting agent or have your buyer agent call the listing agent for permission first.