Even though the house on Woodring is pending, it is a vacant bank repo and can easily be viewed if you would like to see it.
According to the MLS, this property went pending on Tuesday March 10th. It was a foreclosed property in Mather which is south of Hwy 50. There are many big homes for small prices in that particular neighborhood as they were purchased by homeowners during the bubble - and then a number were refinanced at the top of the bubble.
It was listed at $279,900 and was a nice home. I know because I had a buyer who made an offer, but during the time of negotiaton, they had found another home that they liked better in the Mather area. This was a multiple offer situation where there were many offers.
I would suggest, if Mather is your area of choice, that you work with a realtor to understand the current market values, and the activity in the Mather area. I know specifically that there are no houses currently on the market in Mather for this price range and amenities. I know because my client is on a client portal for homes similar to this and both are currently in contract. (one by my buyer, then this one). The strategy would be to understand the values of the area, then become familiar with what your interests are.
A realtor can keep you aware should this house become available and fall out of contract immediately so that you could consider it again. In addition, I am aware of bank owned (REO) homes in that area that have not been released to the market. The banks are still holding inventory and we expect themto be released sometime this spring, possibly as early as the end of this month. (The schedule keeps changing). But I have worked with clients specifically to contact the banks for a home my buyer was interested in, prior to it being released to the general market.
If you are not specific to Mather but would consider Anatolia, I know of a home that will be released this weekend to the market, that is a beautiful home. I know this because it was a short sale that my buyer released just last night, after waiting over 3 months, and at the last minute finding a home they liked better. The lender just approved the short sale at the time we had an offer accepted on another home.
It's funny how timing works for this market. That's why you need to be informed on the market that you're interested in, and ready to move when the right property comes along. This property in Anatolia will be a great deal for some lucky, (informed) buyer. The new ones that will be released in Mather over time will have the same level of activity, I'm sure.