achin.ra, Home Buyer in Evanston, IL

I would like to know more about the water leak and the history of sale for this house. Why wasn't this property sold the last time?

Asked by achin.ra, Evanston, IL Wed May 9, 2012

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3057110192-2340-Prairie-Ave-E…

Answers

3
Heidi Laros, Agent, Evanston, IL
Sat May 12, 2012
There is a note on the MLS in the agent remarks section (that the public doesn't see) that says there is some deferred maintenance in the basement. That could mean anything, but likely means there has been a water problem. The disclosures are not attached in the listing but those can be obtained. The disclosures specifically address water seepage and flooding, where specifics are required.

The property has been listed, in total, for about 300 days, originally priced at $299,000.
Mark Flint, Agent, Evansont, IL
Thu May 10, 2012
I have downloaded the history on this property. Contact me if you wish to know more.
Allie Payne, Agent, Evanston, IL
Wed May 9, 2012
Water leak history Is not something that would be public knowledge. If you put together a contract you would have a five day period to have an inspector, contractor, plumber..anyone you want...access the house. That would tell you anything you need to know and if you don't like the results you can cancel the contract.
Homes that are not updated are the last to sell, unless the price is rock bottom. This townhouse is in a great location, but it needs some updating. If that's what you're looking to do, it's a good candidate. Call me if you'd like my assistance.