I was wondering what is wrong with this property. It is unheard of to have 9 acres anywhere in Carver County?

Asked by Peter Anderson, Chaska, MN Sun Jan 3, 2010

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/photos/1084346255-14088-Jonat…

Answers

6
Brad Anderson, Agent, Maple Grove, MN
Sun Jan 3, 2010
Peter, the best way to know what is wrong with this home, is to go look at it. Have your agent set it up, and see it for yourself. More land isn't always more value.
Patrick Howa…, Agent, Edina, MN
Sun Jan 3, 2010
Another reason the property may be priced so low and has been on the market for awhile is the limited financing options. Because of the condition of the property (house) only cash or a conventional loan will qualify for this property.
Elizabeth Fu…, Agent, Wayzata, MN
Sun Jan 3, 2010
"Wrong" is not exactly the right word. The other agents who answered this question pointed out all the concerns one might have in looking to pick up this acreage. You really should focus on what you want to do with the property: for instance, do you want to have a home with some land, do you want a place for future development as a home, do you need an immediate place for your family to live, are you interested in buying such a property and looking for future potential. One of the problems with this sort of property is the unknowns. Your first line of inquiring should be to have your agent call the listing agent and get all the particulars available, plus the history of the property, and any pertinent zoning concerns. It might be an excellent buy and Carver county is growing in popularity as the metro district has grown in a southwesterly direction. Remember, an agent is your best ally; if you don't have one, find one. You might also be interested in knowing that the MAAR has recently created an education and certification program for agents who want to be Short sale and foreclosure resources. I know, because I just became certified and there are many of us across the area who are very knowledgeable and informed from my experience with my course-mates! Liz 612-986-4105
Jane Revsbech, Agent, Eden Prairie, MN
Sun Jan 3, 2010
Carver County has assessed the land at $240,000 for taxes payable in 2010. The building is assessed at $104,600 for a total value of $344,600. So $160,000 would appear to be a good value, but would depend on intended use of the buyer. Homes with 5 or more acres isn't too uncommon in Carver County...except at this price! This property is adjacent to the gravel pit.
Aaron Dickin…, Agent, Champlin, MN
Sun Jan 3, 2010
I am not the listing agent on this property but from prior MLS photos it looks very dated and probably needs some general maintenance as well as updating. It is a bank owned home now so who knows if the property has deteriorated further.
CCC, Home Owner, San Diego, CA
Sun Jan 3, 2010
It is a bank owned / Foreclosure / REO. There is no more information about the condition of the property itself.

It has been on the market ( for sale) for 151 days with a start listing price of $225,900

It has a septic.