I was sent info on this house as being in foreclosure and the info showed the house looking very unkept & basically said it would be sold "as is".

Asked by stensen50-0911, Easthampton, MA Mon Sep 10, 2012

Could you tell me more about the status of this house? Is there damage or vandelism?

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3022967816-5-Tanager-Ln-Gales…

Answers

2
Masha Robarts, Agent, Gales Ferry, CT
Mon Sep 10, 2012
The property is a bank foreclosure, and it looked scurfy for a while before the lawn was mowed. I've put in a new photo, and it looks much better. The condition is unknown -- we don't get info from the foreclosed owner, and so we know only what we can see. There is no vandalism, and no damage that we know of.
Paula Turley, Agent, Gales Fery, CT
Mon Sep 10, 2012
The house recently went 'on deposit', but is accepting backup offers...most foreclosures are 'as-is' when they are Fannie Mae Homepath properties. I am not sure of the condition, but based on the pictures the listing agent has online, it seems like a very nice foreclosure, as far as foreclosures go. Only way to really tell is to take a look, but remember...it already has a contract on it...your offer would only go through if the current contract falls through. Sorry couldn't be more help...the house wasn't on the market very long so I am sure many agents haven't had the opportunity to see it.