Cgarcia927, Other/Just Looking in Denver, CO

I want to protest my property tax assessment how to I find comps.

Asked by Cgarcia927, Denver, CO Thu May 7, 2009

I need to find the sales prices of comparable homes in my neighborhood that sold between 1/1/07 and 6/30/08. So far I've only found the information for homes that sold between 8/08 to the present. Can I find information within my date range?

Answers

3
Allison Smith, Agent, Denver, CO
Thu May 7, 2009
Denver County's Assessor, like most other Colorado Assessors, has an on-line database that the public can access and search for real property sales which occurred during the 1/1/07-6/30/08 valuation period. Go to this web site: http://www.denvergov.org/TabId/37910/TopicId/1538/default.aspx (also referenced below), to begin your search. You will want to click the link "Real Estate Property Valuation Records" and search by your property address.

Once you open up the record relating to your property, you can click on the link "Link to property sales information for this neighborhood" and/or "Link to property sales information for all Denver neighborhoods" to view the sales in your area. Of course the work begins at this point, as you now have a list of properties to sort through and compare to your home in order to prepare your protest.

As stated in earlier responses, the fastest and easiest way to find these comparable home sales is to call a Realtor.

Allison K. Smith, Realtor
Showcase Properties Unlimited
303-725-8152
http://www.ColoradoDreamHome.com
Dave Sachle…, Agent, Parker, CO
Thu May 7, 2009
I would also be able to run the comps for you as well. Just email me your address and contact information. I also have a coupon for Property Tax Slash who will appeal it for you for $39.95 (reg. 49.95). Let me know if I can help. You only have 25 days left.

Dave Sachleben (303) 909-0545
Tim Klein, Agent, Littleton, CO
Thu May 7, 2009
Ask your Realtor. If you don't have one let me know and I'll help you.

Tim Klein
Broker
Metro Brokers - The Realty Werks
303.973.7600