I thought a "single family home" is just that a single family home. Not a condo or townhome. it stands alone.

Asked by Deborah McGovern, 95117 Fri Apr 17, 2009

I see listings for single family homes that look to be condo complexes or townhomes.

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/foreclosure/2004270622--Holly-Hock-Ct-…

Answers

2
Steven Ornel…, Agent, Fremont, CA
Fri Apr 17, 2009
Hi Deborah,

If you are looking for the most accurate information work with a Realtor with access to an Assoc. of Realtors MLS. Realtors have the search capability to screen out all of the properties you are not interested in.

The link above is from RealtyTrac, easily one of the most non-useful sites that Trulia allows to be fed into their system. RealtyTrac is not a listing service. They post notices of foreclosure and default pulled from public records. Their postings are very misleading because the price shown is NOT representative of what the property will be when priced for sale. This property is not on the market yet, and when it is put up for sale it will very likely be listed on the MLS, not on RealtyTrac.

I would be pleased to set up an automated "search agent" for you so you get ACCURATE notifications automatically via email as soon as they are made on the MLS.

Best, Steve
Dawn O'neal, , San Jose, CA
Fri Apr 17, 2009
You are correct. A single family home should be just that - a stand alone home. Some times you will see what they now call a "Duet" which is actually what used to be called a "Duplex" but each side is sold separately. Also you will see some homes built within a community that are single family homes but belong to that community and sometimes have a homeowner's association. On some listings the difference will be shown as Class 1 - Single Family and Class 2 - Condo or Townhouse. It is hard to tell what is going on with the house you reference above as I do not find it listed on our MLS for sale under either class.