I still own a house with my ex-husband even though we have been divorced for over three years.

Asked by Jill, 61704 Fri Feb 13, 2009

I still own a house with my ex-husband even though we have been divorced for over three years and separated for over five. The separation and divorce papers said that he was solely responsible for all of the expenses associated with the house because he is residing there. It also said that we were to sell the property and split the profit. My ex did not put much effort into the sale for the two years after the separation and divorce, but now he is remarried and wants to move. The house has been for sale for three years and has not sold. He has asked me to take a loss of a few thousand dollars or more in order to sell the property. I told him that I could not afford to take a loss on the property. Now he is threatening me that he will move anyway and I would be responsible for half of the costs associated with the property. I too want the house to sell, but can not afford either option. Do you have any advice that might help?

Answers

1
Brandon Schu…, Agent, Western Springs, IL
Fri Feb 13, 2009
Jill,

Why are you asking this question again? You have many responses to the same question that you posted before. http://www.trulia.com/voices/Home_Selling/I_am_in_a_difficul…