Norma, Home Buyer in Wantagh, NY

I saw this home a few month ago and noticed a large structure in the backyard...

Asked by Norma, Wantagh, NY Thu Feb 5, 2009

It had electricity, AC and seemed to be professionally built. The realtor said it was a temporary structure but how can a temporary structure have electricty, windows, tiled floor. She said it was on cinder blocks but it didn't appear to be. I was wondering what kind of issues would I run into with something like this?
--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/42888016-Single-Family-Home-H…

Answers

1
Everett Perry, Agent, Fresh Meadows, NY
Fri Feb 6, 2009
I you went into contract to buy the house your title search (includes a survey) will indicate to you if the structure is legal or illegal. Assuming it is illegal and temporary the current owner of the property would have to remedy by removing the unit, escrowing funds to do it after closing or giving you a credit to remove it yourself.

If it was legally built with permission by the town then it will have a Certificate of Occupancy (aka C of O).

Good Luck