I recently have been the victim of a developer located at 1939 Hardwick 90807 that damaged my property but is unwilling to pay to fix it. Any ideas?

Asked by baddeveloper1939hardwick90807, Long Beach, CA Wed Mar 28, 2012

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Todd Foust, Agent, Anaheim, CA
Wed Mar 28, 2012
talk to him direct
write a letter
have an attorney write a letter
and if that doesn't work consider small claims, BBB, or lawsuit
1 vote
, ,
Fri Mar 30, 2012
I Agree with Todd Foust Bellow! I am just adding a link to the small court claims in California bellow to give you a little more bargaining power. :-)
0 votes
Lesley Harris…, Agent, Huntington Beach, CA
Thu Mar 29, 2012
I was curious and pulled up the information. It is currently on the market for sale. It reads that it is a STANDARD sale , however it does not disclose if it's a flip. It appears (according to the assessor’s tax rolls) that an investment group had purchased it CASH last year 9/2011 for $227,000 from a Short-Sale situation. According to the pictures, they did a really nice job sprucing it up for some profit. A flipper are investors, when they sell, it’s just like any other sale, AS IS subject you hiring a professional physical inspector and inspect the property thoroughly. Your agent should be able to assist you in this process. It is still showing Active on the market for sale in the M.L.S. I am still very curious to the situation. Whose house is it? AND what were the damages? Please call me to discuss more, I am happy to help (562) 673-0943
0 votes
Lesley Harris…, Agent, Huntington Beach, CA
Thu Mar 29, 2012
I agree with Jeremy and others... we need much needed details. How exactly where you a victim and is that the developer's home personal address or the property you live at? What are the damages? Typically, when you purchase a brand new home in a development the construction materials are covered for 10 years and depending on the development they give 1-2 year warranty on appliances and misc. items. However, the signed contract between you and the developer can be something completely different, in this market .... nothing is typical. You may need to obtain an attorney which can cost a lot as well. Keep us posted, I am curious , interesting question (vague ; but interesting)
Lesley Harris, Realtor
(562) 673-0943
0 votes
Fred Sweezer…, Other Pro, Long Beach, CA
Wed Mar 28, 2012
How have you documented the property loss? How have you documented the Developers involvement in your property damage? By establishing your loss and who caused the damage will give you some Ideas of the next step to take about your loss and damage to your property.
0 votes
Gene Scott, Agent, Long Beach, CA
Wed Mar 28, 2012
Realtors usually are not attorneys and, therefore, cannot give legal advice. In California you have a couple of choices of legal action, (1) retain an attorney, or (2) take the issue to small claims court where you can ask for damages up to $10,000. Another avenue is to make a claim against the contractor's bond held with the State of California, which usually gets the contractor's attention.

Best of luck to you,

Gene Scott
Realtor and Loan Officer
ERA Buy America Real Estate
0 votes
Jeremy Lehman, Agent, Garden Grove, CA
Wed Mar 28, 2012
Michael said it, unfortunately we need more details. It sounds like you've already talked to them. Did the developer build your property as well? Can you explain the scenario?

You'll probably need to pursue legal action unless you have a contract with them that specifies use of an arbitration process instead.
0 votes
Michael Magaw, Agent, Torrance, CA
Wed Mar 28, 2012
Victim? I don't think anyone could possibly answer your question with so little detail. Maybe you need an attorney. If an attorney costs more than you think the claim is worth, then consider small claims.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more