I own a house that sits on a 1/2 acre lot in a regional commercial zone. I want to know if I can convert the house into office space and rent it out

Asked by Twalsh257, 08234 Mon Apr 5, 2010

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Joseph Manci…, Agent, Sewell, NJ
Tue Apr 6, 2010
If you would like to email me your block and lot and what town your in, I'd be happy to look up the applicable zoning ordinance and let you know what uses would be permitted as well as what other improvements may be required by converting to an office use. As a Engineer and Planner in NJ I deal with zoning regulations all the time. I can also describe the process to get the office use approved by your local Zoning Board.

You can email me here: joe@landmanNJ.com


Joseph A. Mancini
AVALAR Atlantic Properties
0 votes
Linda B. Con…, , Northfield, NJ
Mon Apr 5, 2010
Mr. Walsh, the zoning site for EHT may be of assistance to you. http://www.ehtgov.org/Zone.htm but the short answer is yes, you should be able to, but because the property class for the home is residential you will need to apply to the township. Linda
0 votes
Linda B. Con…, , Northfield, NJ
Mon Apr 5, 2010
That is a possibility, but would depend on zoning. Do you know what your property is currently zoned for? If is it is zoned residential you would need to go through the township to get approvals. If you would like me to check for you please send me an email with the property address and I will look it up for you. Linda
Web Reference:  http://www.lindaconner.com
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more