I need an elevation certificate for 72 Linda Avenue Staten Island, NY 10305

Asked by Maryann, Staten Island, NY Wed Feb 20, 2013

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Ann Grande, Agent, Staten Island, NY
Sun Mar 3, 2013
Simple answer: The year the house was built will determine if you have to get an elevation certificate or a survey with the elevations on it when the home was built.

The term "elevation certificate " came out give or take about 11 years ago I don't have my files out and before that time the insurance company would have used the survey with the marked elevations on it to determine if you need flood insurance.
You can pull the micro film down at 10 Richmond Terrace on the 2nd floor in the NYC Building dept and check to see if there is a copy of the survey with the elevations marked or the elevation certificate (newer document upon year built) that was issued when the builder was getting approvals and permits to build. Make a copy of either or and send it to the insurance company.
0 votes
Joseph Runfo…, Agent, Staten Island, NY
Thu Feb 21, 2013
Contact any licensed surveyor for information on obtaining an Elevation Certificate. A Flood Elevation Certificate is a document generated by an engineer, surveyor, or qualified person that will provide data to help properly rate properties for flood insurance. An Elevation Certificate can determine where precisely your home is located in relationship to the Base Flood Elevation. You may want to obtain a flood certificate if your property is in a flood zone, and you are considering disputing it.
0 votes
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Wed Feb 20, 2013
Elevation certificates can be obtained through a licensed surveyor; see link for additional information.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more