I'm trying to track down some information on a specific property, can anyone help?

Asked by Ryan, Exton, PA Sat Jan 3, 2009

This home was listed on Remax.com a few weeks back. I called the main office and the response was, "It sold". Driving by the house (01/03/09) there was a yellow sheet of paper in the window and the mailbox is taped closed. Anyone have any idea what's REALLY going on with this property?

I believe the MLS was : 5406576

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/homes/Pennsylvania/Pottstown/sold/1751…

--

Answers

6
____________…, Home Buyer, Texas
Wed Jan 7, 2009
Is it often that listings are in Trend shown as pending but have passed the projected settlement date? Trend should automatically convert these properties to a special status to inform the agent that the home has passed the settlement date. I am not a realtor so I don't have access to Trend unfortunately. Does anyone know if lawyers can get access to Trend?
Edmund Choi, Agent, Paoli, PA
Wed Jan 7, 2009
From listing agent,

"No, actually we have not settled yet. Fannie Mae is having a problem with clearing the title. We are still under contract and intend to close as soon as the issue is resolved."

Good Hunting!
____________…, Home Buyer, Texas
Sun Jan 4, 2009
Did the agent correct the settlement information in the MLS?
Terrence Cha…, Home Owner, Allentown, PA
Sun Jan 4, 2009
The listing agent got back with me. It is currently "Pending".
Sat Jan 3, 2009
This property shows as "Pending" and the Listing in the MLS actually shows a settlement date of 10.29.08. So I am as confused as you are. I'll send a note to the agent.

Terrence Charest
Carol Cei, Agent, Maple Glen, PA
Sat Jan 3, 2009
Hello, Ryan, it sounds as if this home has been seized by the lender. It may be a foreclosure, or it may have been sold to someone who wants to do some major renovations. The yellow paper may be a permit to do work that has to be posted per borough regulations. If no one is living there right now, the mailbox is probably taped shut to stop junk mail from accumulating.

Are you looking for a home in the Pottstown area? Did you know that there are a lot of grant programs that are specific to Pottstown borough? If you are a first time buyer, I would be willing to help you with that. You may contact me if you would like to discuss this further.

Carol Murray Cei
ReMax Millennium
215-643-9661
carolcei@remax.net