I'm new at foreclosure subject (I'd like t buy a house). Is listing price the final price or just a down pay?

Asked by Nina Driver, 94965 Sat Dec 13, 2008

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/foreclosure/2002969776--Paradise-Dr-Ti…

Answers

1
Sylvia Barry,…, Agent, Marin, CA
Sat Dec 13, 2008
Hello Nina:

This beautiful house is located in one of the priciest place in the country - Tiburon - and it is currently on the market for sale for $1,475,000 - with original list price of $1,549,000.

The house has 4 bedrooms, 2 baths,, 2179 sf, gorgeous view of Bay and Bridge.

The price of $141,000 on the foreclosure (where Trulia gets this kind of listings) is really just the balance of one of the liens where the lien holder filed a notice of default to start the foreclosure process. This amount has nothing to do with how much the house will eventually be sold for.

Tricky part about dealing with (pre-) foreclosure properties is that there could be several liens against the property and you might only be seeing one of many, ..etc

Seeing that you are looking and hoping for discounted properties in choice places in Southern Marin; my advise is for you to work with an agent to represent you. A client of my just bought a fixer in Corte Madera for their school district, and there were multiple offers on the house. Another major fixer in Kentfield (another great location) just closed at $725,000 with 12 offers.

I would love to work with you on finding a great property in Southern Marin, but properly not at the price range of the two you just saw - neither are remotely close to what the houses will be sold for.

Sylvia Barry
Marin Realtor