I'm interested in a Gulf Front Condo in the Destin, Fl area. Are insurance costs (i.e. Homeowners, Flood, Wind & Hurricane) included in the HOA fees?

Asked by rdabbott7, New Braunfels, TX Fri Aug 9, 2013

Answers

3
Joseph Runfo…, Agent, Staten Island, NY
Wed Aug 14, 2013
The Wall St. Journal has an interesting and informative article regarding flood insurance prices;http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142412788732344640457900…
Lyn Woods, Agent, Fort Walton Beach, FL
Sat Aug 10, 2013
It looks like you have asked a couple of questions here on Trulia

The many answers about HoA fees and Insurance are correct in that the main structure and flood insurance should be covered in the HoA fees.. I would ask for a copy of the policy to be sure though.

When you start interviewing agents, there are some questions you should ask. Click on the link below to find out about agency in Florida.

In your question about where, I agree with the answer that it depends on whether you want to rent it out when you are not using it, or will this be a second home or primary residence. All the beaches from Apalachicola to Pensacola are sugar white.

Call or email me if I can help. (850) 240-7133 or Lyn@KLWProperties.Biz I am a search and acquisition specialist. I only work for buyers.
Elliot Marcus, Agent, Destin, FL
Fri Aug 9, 2013
The Homeowners' Association typically covers the building up to the sheetrock inside your unit. You would need to insure yourself for all of the furniture, appliances, wall coverings, floor covering, and of course liability.

If I can answer any more questions or concerns, I stand ready.

Elliot Marcus, Broker
Crye-Leike Coastal Realty
Destin, FL 32541