Fielder_james, Home Buyer in Naples, FL

I live in Canada and I am not familiar with the laws on short sell in the USA. Can you explain to me?

Asked by Fielder_james, Naples, FL Sun Dec 23, 2012

might be interested maybe in offering $150,000.00 for this property. can you let me know if good offer

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3091451493-828-110th-Ave-N-Na…

Answers

11
Roger H Fine, , Naples, FL
Wed Dec 26, 2012
A short sale occurs when a property is listed and sold at below the anount of loan due to the lending institution, this is only possible when both the owner and the Bank agree on a sale price
Roger Fine'
Broker Associate
Kevin Rathbu…, Agent, Naples, FL
Mon Dec 24, 2012
Hello James,

I am a dual citizen Canada/USA from Southern Ontario. I have Sold Naples Real Estate since 1999. I am happy to help. I have many Canadian buyers some are family. A short sale is a complex process that takes time and often ends in Disappointment. Your offer of $150,000 is a waste of time to be honest. That home will sell over the asking price. I have owned 2 homes in that area and know it well. "Naples Park" has resurged in recent months. Contact me anytime. Short Sale explanation below.

A real estate short sale is when your mortgage bank agrees to take less than what is currently owed on the unpaid balance. A short sale can provide mutual benefits for both the homeowner and the bank because it helps both parties avoid foreclosure.

Kind Regards, Kevin

Kevin Rathburn, Realtor
239-269-4575 Direct Line
KRnaples@gmail.com

KevinRathburn.com Integrity-Diligence-Innovation
Rich Homer, Agent, NAPLES, FL
Mon Dec 24, 2012
James,

We can send a few bank-owned properties to you via email if you will contact us directly at contact@naplesrealestateguys.com. We do not recommend short sales.
Peggy Wagner-…, Agent, Naples, FL
Sun Dec 23, 2012
Dear James,
A short sale is that the Seller most likely owes more on the property than it's current value and he is trying to get the bank to settle the mortgage for less than (short of) what he owes. The problem with short sales is that you never know if the asking price is anywhere near market value. Sometimes, it's listed for much lower, hoping to get multiple offers, and it isn't anywhere near market value or anything that the lender is going to agree to.

Many times there are much better values that are not short sales without going through all that hassle.

I would be happy to discuss this in detail with you, if you'd like. Please feel free to contact me directly.
Beverly Howe, Agent, Naples, FL
Sun Dec 23, 2012
Hello Mr. Fielder,
There are two very informative links on my homepage http://www.FloridaBuyerBroker.com which give you detailed information regarding what a short sale is and also about short sale fraud.
I am a CIPS (Certified International Property Specialist). You will also find information on my homepage regarding toxic Chinese Drywall, the #1 Critical Mistake Buyer Make, and much more.
I hope you will take the time to review these and the other important issues buyers need to consider as explained on my homepage.
"The most important thing a buyer can do is first of all work with a buyer broker." As stated by AARP and the Consumer Federation of American from REALTOR NEWS.
You will find me friendly and easy to talk too.
Beverly Howe, ABR, GRI, TRC, CIPS
Buyer Broker-Owner
Florida Buyer Broker
Toll Free US and Canada 1-800-283-7393
Cell phone: 239-269-2766
Mike Gehring, Agent, Naples, FL
Sun Dec 23, 2012
A short sale means the seller is attempting to sell the property for less (or short) of what is owed on the mortgage. In order to do so, most banks require the seller to provide them with tax returns, bank statements, pay stubs, a hardship letter, etc. In other words proof that the seller can no longer afford to keep the home and not that the seller is just looking to ditch the property because the value has gone down. The bank is not going to take the "hit" because the seller made a bad purchase decision. Short sales have exceeded the number of foreclosure sales. It costs banks more money to foreclosure on the property because they have to incurr legal costs and go through the court system. Then, once the bank owns the property, they have to pay for insurance, association fees, utilities and run the risk that the property is vacant and could be vandalized. Short sales can be a waste of time if the seller isn't honest with the bank or the agent is not experienced in the process. Short sales also get complicated if the property has a first and second mortgage against it. I am certified in short sales and foreclosures. 75% of the real estate agents in Florida are not certified. As a buyer, you may find that some short sales are a better alternative to foreclosures as, unlke most foreclosures, on a short sale the seller may still occupy the property, the appliances and other systems and fixtures are stil in place, the electric/air-conditioning is still on, etc. I can show and sell you any short sale property regardless of the listing agent or firm. I can also do a custom search in your desired area and price range. I also work with local attorneys who specialize in short sales and can protect you and your best interest. Please feel free to contact me anytime at (239) 280-6341 or email me at Mike@MikeGehring.com. My firm, Downing-Frye Realty is the largest real estate company in Naples with 550 agents. We are locally owned and operated and have been serving the Naples area for over 50 years. In addition we have been the #1 selling real estate company in Naples every year since 1999.
Lori Fowler, Agent, Naples, FL
Sun Dec 23, 2012
James,
I recently returned from Canada. Please feel free to contact me at 239-877-3800. I work with Canadians and partner with experts in cross order transactions. If you would like a team of professionals to assist you in your Sunshine sate purchase, please call or email today.
Merry Christmas,
L

Lori Fowler
Coldwell Banker
Lori@LoriMovesFlorida.com
http://Www.lorimovesflorida.com
Jimmy Armstr…, Agent, Naples, FL
Sun Dec 23, 2012
Hi Kevin,

That listing was withdrawn on 12/4/2012. Making an offer on a short sale home should be very close to the asking price. In many cases, the asking price still has not been approved by the seller's lender. Once, you make an offer, it will go to the lender for approval. In many cases, it can take several months for this approval, then the bank will come back with a counteroffer of what they will accept for the home. This amount is usually higher. At this point, the buyer has to decide if they are willing to pay this price or not. If the prospective buyer decides not to purchase the home, the listing agent can then change the price and the verbiage in the listting to say "approved short sale" When you see a listing that is an approved short sale, if you offer the approved amount, you can usually close those deals in 30 -45 days. I hope that this explanation is helpful for you.

If you are looking to purchase a home here in the Naples area and you are looking for a great deal, we will be happy to put our expert home finding and negotiating skills to work for you. Please feel free to contact us any time.

The April and Jimmy Team
Realty Direct Naples
239-877-3194
aprilandjimmy@realtydirect.com
Rich Homer, Agent, NAPLES, FL
Sun Dec 23, 2012
We do not recommend short sales to our buyer clients. http://www.NaplesRealEstateGuys.com/blog/
Julie Rosent…, Agent, Jupiter, FL
Sun Dec 23, 2012
Hi, Please see all listings and get free valuable information at
http://www.BUY-SELL-RENT-FLORIDA.com
Kevin Yankow, Agent, Fort Myers, FL
Sun Dec 23, 2012
$150,000 is low for the property. It's actually no longer on the market as the bank declined the short sale. Unfortunately short sales have become more and more difficult, extremely lengthy in purchase time, and less and less of a great deal. Banks are looking to get the same money as properties that are not a distressed sale. Your better off making an offer on a property that is foreclosed or owned by an individual with enough equity to sell at a fair price based on recent sold comps. I'd be happy to help you find a property that works for you.