I live in Australia. Can I buy the house for $1 too? I plan to put bunk beds and mattresses in there for homeless people to sleep in for free.

Asked by Frees Biess, Washington, PA Mon Feb 4, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/foreclosure/3103454725--Promenade-St-D…

Answers

3
Wayde Koehler, , Detroit, MI
Mon Feb 4, 2013
SO YOU HAVE ALREADY SET UP WITH THE CITY THE PROPER PERMITS TO RUN A SHELTER, AND INSURANCE AND A MANAGER TO RUN IT. YOU HAVE A VERY BIG HEART AND A TINY LITTLE BRAIN. YOU SHOULD OF KEPT YOR BUCK.
Bob Schweiss, Agent, Livonia, MI
Mon Feb 4, 2013
Believe me the homeless have a step up on you already.
howard, , Detroit, MI
Mon Feb 4, 2013
what an excellent idea, although they probably already are sleeping there for free. it's probably got no windows or doors so you'll have to fit them. you'll also need liability insurance as one of the homeless will probably sue you for not having electricity or water and if you don't pay the outstanding property taxes and lien it will be foreclosed again. Also don't forget you'll need to send in a IRS return even though you would have lost money.

To protect yourself properly you'd be better off setting up a LLC to hold the property in. you'd still have all the same bills by the way.