I just inherited a New Triple Wide manufactured home, it is really nice, is there land or lots maybe 1 acre in the Galt area where I can have this set

Asked by giovannir, Galt, CA Sun Aug 19, 2012

Are there restrictions because it is a manufactured home? or can I set it up and be able to get all permits etc..

Answers

3
April Cooke, Agent, ELK GROVE, CA
Thu Aug 23, 2012
There are code requirements with the Sacramento County, with the city of Galt. It will depend if the lot or land is in the city of Galt or the county of Sacramento. But you should be able to put in a modular home. There are permits, imact fees and then there is the cost of well & septic. It could end costing a good chunk of change!
There is a lot on Kost Rd, west side of Galt for $69,000 MLS reads [Motivated seller!! Bring offers. Seller financing available. Nice corner residential lot with 1.2 acres and several nice building sites. Public utilities are very close to the lot line. Corner lot on the 10,000 block of Kost Rd between 1st St and Raven Brook Drive.]
John Arendsen, Agent, Leucadia, CA
Wed Aug 22, 2012
What year is the home? If it was manufactured before June 15, 1976 and it's been moved from it's original situs you will not be able to secure a conventional FHA guaranteed mortgage. There are a tremendous amount of costs involved in the setup, installation, site preparation of a home on private property.

You need to go your local building department and let them know what you would like to do and where. They will give you a packet of applications and information you will need to read and complete before they will ever consider giving you a permit. There's a lot to this and the task is not to be taken lightly. Good luck.
April Cooke, Agent, ELK GROVE, CA
Sun Aug 19, 2012
There are lots and land available, but you would need to check with Sac County about fees. Then there is the well and septic issue. There is a possible loan program through FHA that would help with the lot purchase and install. Lockeford is another place to look. Give me a call for more details.