Deirdre Swaf…, Both Buyer and Seller in Largo, FL

I have the cash to purchase this home, but, the windows are rotten and it has laminat flooring. Should I offer a lower price to cover repairs?>

Asked by Deirdre Swafford, Largo, FL Fri Mar 16, 2012

Optional details about your question

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/foreclosure/3078518404--Mohawk-St-Clea…

Answers

7
Gary Stover, Agent, Clearwater, FL
Thu Mar 22, 2012
I am willing to look at this property with you and then look at sales comparisons to assist you in determining value. Let me know if you want to proceed. Thank you!
Gary Stover, Agent, Clearwater, FL
Thu Mar 22, 2012
I would be glad to look at this home with you and do an price comparison to help you determine value. This should be done before you make an offer. I am willing to help you. Let me know if you want to proceed. Thank you!
Rita Gordon, Agent, Asbury Park, NJ
Sat Mar 17, 2012
Hello Deidre,

Everything is negotiable. I you have not yet found a realtor to help you please contact me and I will do the best I can to be a good negotiator on your behalf.

Rita
Anthony Maro…, Agent, palm harbor, FL
Sat Mar 17, 2012
Call me I will get repair est and negociate best deal for you
Tony Marottoli
SEL-FAST
727 724 6565
Nina Higdon, Agent, Clearwater, FL
Sat Mar 17, 2012
This one seems to be pretty much gone, although it's still showing available on the Internet. If you are not working with a Realtor, I'll be happy to send you listings of similar properties as soon as they are listed for sale, as well as for sale by owner properties.

This will increase your chances of being able to big for your favorite.

Nina Higdon, ABR, SFR, GRI
Charles Rutenberg Realty, Inc.
Email: houses2go@yahoo.com
Web Reference:  http://www.besthouses2go.com
Alan Plager, Agent, Clearwater, FL
Fri Mar 16, 2012
In making an offer find a good realtor. Then have that realtor do some homework like pulling comps.
Then ask your self how is this property priced out. The seller of most REO's do already discount for repairs. If the property has already been discounted for repairs most like a well informed buyer will out bid you for the property.
Pamela Cohn, Agent, Clearwater, FL
Fri Mar 16, 2012
Too late now. There were about 20 offers in on this one last I heard earlier today. I doubt the bank will be looking at any others, since these were all primary buyers. If you are not already working with an agent, interview some till you find one you are comfortable with and stick with them. If you are working with an agent they should have done a market analysis on day one to show you this is priced below market value. This will sell above ...well above the list price.

The day this property hit the market there were plenty of agents showing it. I know, I waited outside for another to finish, before I could get in to show it. Also if you were working with an experienced professional you would have know from the agent that the bank would not respond to any offers before day 8 (yesterday) and then only primary buyers before investors....meaning have your offer in by yesterday.

Chances are if something looks really good to you it will to others also, so you need to be ready to move. Being a cash Buyer puts you in a good position to move fast. Now you know for the next one.

I feel an informed client makes the best decisions regarding their real estate needs. Let me know if I can be of assistance.

Pam Cohn
Broker Associate, GRI, SFR, CDM, NHS
Real Estate Consulting, Marketing & Sales
Prudential Tropical Realty
2539 Countryside Blvd #3 Clearwater, FL 33761
pcohn@prutropical.com
727-204-7155
http://www.FromCavesToCastles.com
Nicely said.
Flag Fri Mar 16, 2012