I have second chance leasing but I owe apartments I wants to know how do I get it off my records

Asked by tabithemg, Dallas, TX Sun Sep 16, 2012

I owe two apartment complex and I would like to know how do I get it off my record.

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/rental/3089047685-5454-Peterson-Ln-Dal…

Answers

6
Richard Guil…, Agent, Dallas, TX
Mon Sep 17, 2012
If it has been turned into a collection agency, I have heard of people offering a settlement. I had a client that owed about $3,000 to a property, and the property handed it over to a collection agency. He contacted the collection agency and offered about $1,500 as an agreed settlement for the debt to the property. The property then wrote him a letter on company letterhead for him to give to the credit bureaus, showing the debt has been resolved.

If the property has not yet turned it over to a collection agency and you cannot pay the full amount , see if they will accept a settlement paid in a one time payment for a lesser amount. Other than that, sit down and speak with the property manager and ask for a payment schedule with agreed terms.

Kenneth "Ken…, Agent, Dallas, TX
Mon Sep 17, 2012
You will need to work with the apartment complex you owe on getting the information removed. You may have to pay what you owe or part depending on what you work out with them. It is not easy to remove items from you credit report. Do not pay anyone that offers to do it for a fee. You can do it yourself for FREE. Just do web searches.

GOOD LUCK.

Kenny
Kim Nwachukwu, Agent, Irving, TX
Mon Sep 17, 2012
Your best bet is to contact the apartment complex and explain your situation. They are the only ones who can initiate anything to remove the item from your credit report. It's that or pay it, and I think that even if you were to pay it it would still show up as a long term late payment. If if you think they are wrong about you owing it then you need to dispute it with all 3 credit bureau's. It's that or wait long enough for it to fall off your sheet which can take several years.
, ,
Mon Sep 17, 2012
Well, if you actually do owe them, you need to pay them. Kim's answer below is true. Unfortunately, putting your name on a lease for an amount higher than you can pay on your own is dangerous.

Barbara Coker
Licensed Mortgage Loan Officer
NMLS#228545
tabithemg, Renter, Dallas, TX
Mon Sep 17, 2012
Okay thanks kim but what if I had a roommate and I cannot get in contact with her what else can I do
Kim Nwachukwu, Agent, Irving, TX
Mon Sep 17, 2012
The only way to remove something from credit report is to pay it or ask the company to which you owe the money to remove it. You could dispute it, but if you walked the lease and do owe it then there is nothing to dispute - you walked your lease and you owe that money to someone. Good luck.