I have been trying to see this home but the owners don't seem to want to show it? what should i do??

Asked by Khalid, 91320 Wed Feb 18, 2009

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/1075034089-1377-Vintage-Oak-S…

Answers

7
Doglover, , Simi Valley, CA
Tue Jun 23, 2009
We know two families that live in the areaand they told me that the family living in 1377 Vintage, did not want to show the home because they were in the process of working something out with their current lenders. They were able to get a loan modifcation and will not be foreclosed on. My friend's relative was interested in the home as well and were able to confirm with Zee that the family did indeed get a loan modification and will be staying put. You can even call Zee to confirm this information. Good luck with your search.
Ted Mackel, Agent, Simi Valley, CA
Thu Feb 19, 2009
Khalid,

Ha! That was a listing I had in 2007. I know the owner and I know Zee. I am not happy that Zee used my listing photos without asking me......I work with Bonnie over at Keller Williams. Keep in touch with Bonnie and I will help her with whatever she needs. That is a very Short --- Short Sale and there really is not much else to say. I can't remember who his lender is but if it is one of the banks that froze their foreclosures, it will be interesting to see if they let the owner stay or work out a short sale.
Web Reference:  http://www.homebuysblog.com
Khalid, , 91320
Thu Feb 19, 2009
Thank you to all of you who took the time to respond especially Bonnie Sterling. Thanks for taking the time to call the agent I know it's not his fault as he has tried to help us to see the property. I understand your point about it being a hard time for the owners and I will just wait it out until they are willing to show the home or the home is foreclosed upon. Thanks again for your help.
Bonnie Sterl…, Agent, Simi Valley, CA
Wed Feb 18, 2009
Hi Khalid,

I have a good relationship with the listing agent. I contacted him and he said that he is having a problem with the Sellers. He said that he would let me know when he gets the situation corrected. You have to keep in mind that someone loosing their home is very emotional.

Anyway, if you know the area, have driven by the home and have maybe seen other homes of the same floorplan, you could write an offer subject to inspection. With a real offer in hand for the Seller to consider, maybe they will consider that in the middle of the mess that they have going on in their lives, they could accept one offer and work with it, have it submitted for their lenders consideration and continue to stay in the home peacefully until the lender approves your offer or forecloses on the home.

My guess is that if you are posting a question here, looking for advice on how to get into a home you have never seen, you are well aware of the opportunity a home in that neighborhood for that price presents. But keep in mind that Sellers often want to stay in their homes and the choice to stop showing it may be based on simple emotional turmoil or the fact that they are finally getting somewhere in working with their lender on a loan modification. If it is a loan modification they are working on they may not be willing to entertain your offer.

These are difficult times to navigate for many. Good Luck and contact me through my web site below if I can be of further assistance.
Khalid, , 91320
Wed Feb 18, 2009
My agent has called several times to the listing agent who has told us to call the owner directly and they will let us know when it is convenient. However the owner keeps on making excuses were going on 2 wks now. I think Paul is right this people don't want to sell b/c they will have to move out and are probably living for free right now. I will wait it out. Does the lender have anyway of forcing the seller to show the home??
Paul Aragon, Agent, Granada Hills, CA
Wed Feb 18, 2009
The hard truth...If the owners don't want to show the property- it's not for sale. Wait till the bank forecloses on it, then you can have access every day of the week. If you don't want to wait 4 months for this to come on the market, Commit to a real estate agent to show you alternate properties. There's great deals out there right now with accessible houses- don't get stagnated on deals that won't close escrow.
Web Reference:  http://www.PaulAragon.com
Laurie Nowla…, Agent, Simi Valley, CA
Wed Feb 18, 2009

Did you have your Realtor make an appointment with the owners?

Laurie Nowland
Century 21 The Elite Group
805-404-0972
Web Reference:  http://www.LaurieNowland.com