I have a townhouse I am trying to get the taxes lowered on. They have it as having 1 1/2 baths but my so called 'half bath' is ONLY a

Asked by jamombs, Lancaster, NY Tue Feb 19, 2013

toilet. NO sink. Weird I know and not sure why in 1974 they did this but that is how I got it last year. Basically it is a laundry room with a toilet. Can they record this as a bath at all, I have read about the .25 baths but that is sink only, I cannot find anything on a toilet only in the room. It is next to the kitchen with a sink but I dont think that counts. Any help would be appreciated.

Answers

1
Joe Sorrenti…, , Buffalo, NY
Tue Feb 19, 2013
Is your townhouse in Harrogate Sq? Piotrowski Builders built MANY townhouses like that. As for lowering your assesssment, I have a great deal of knowledge and experience in this as an owner, former Board member and a member of local Chapter of CAI (Community Associations Institute).

If you have a Condo Association or a Homeowners Association, your association through the Manangement Company normally challenges assessments as they are handled differently with a multi-family community as opposed to a single family residence.

Each community is handled differently and each town and municipality handles it differently through the NY State Office of Real Property Services.
You can contact me directly for additional information.

Joe Sorrentino - Associate Broker
MJ Peterson Real Estate
joe@joesorrentino.com
716-998-5637
I am in Parkview Court, Lancaster NY. They have assessed at 67000.00 for all the 2 bedrooms. I got mine for 54000 since NOTHING has been updated since 1974. Original Carpet, fixtures, everything needs updating.
Flag Wed Feb 20, 2013