I expect to be transferred to Florida in six to seven month. Will they accept a contract of that length?

Asked by John Connors, Chesterfield, MO Thu Mar 8, 2012

Optional details about your question

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/rental/3056610541-1028-Kehrs-Mill-Rd-1…

Answers

3
Dale Weir, Agent, Chesterfield, MO
Thu Mar 8, 2012
It depends on their motivation - are they really sellers who are looking to lease because they have been unable to sell? In that case, if they want help paying the mortgage for the next few months, then the ability to put the home on the market in 7 months, they may. If they are planning on using the property for investment purposes, then they are probably looking for longer term tenants. At the same time, they will most likely be looking at the timelines - It's March now, a 7 month lease means that the property will come back on the market in Oct, which isn't as easy a time to find renters as now, but it's better than having it back on the market in Nov. For your reference, this appears to be rental property, since it's been listed twice in the MLS and each time it was listed for rent, not as a sale. It also appears to have been rented in Sept 2011, the last time, then put back on the market for rent in Dec 2011. That would indicate either they accepted a short term lease (which would indicate that they may accept another short term lease) or something happened to the tenant causing the lease to fall apart and the tenant to move out right away (in which case, they may be very leery of another short term lease).

From the sellers viewpoint, each time someone moves in or out of the property, there is more wear and tear on the property, then when someone is in it for a longer period.

The only way to know what the owners motivation is, is to ask. Be prepared though, that they may ask other concessions from you for a short term lease (higher rent, higher security deposit, a section of the deposit that is non-refundable to clean carpets, etc

Now, please note that while the write up you are looking at refers to this as a single family home, it is NOT. These are condos, with 4 units per building.

If I can be of any further assistance, please let me know. This is a fantastic area - close to 40/64, 270, 141, page, clayton, kehr's mill, olive, manchester - from here you can get to all most anywhere in the metro area in 30 minutes, 45 tops.
Web Reference:  http://www.yourstlhome.com
Ruth Schoch, Agent, White Plains, NY
Thu Mar 8, 2012
It depends on many factors and, like Monica said, you never know until you ask.

The way to ask is to write up a lease and see if they accept it.

I'd be happy to help - just give me a call.
636-394-2424

Ruth
Monica Brewer, Agent, Saint Louis, MO
Thu Mar 8, 2012
Hi John. It never hurts to ask them if that is an option and negotiable. If I can help please let me know.