I'd like to know more about this home...inside and out.

Asked by Cathis, 07604 Sun Apr 12, 2009

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/1044143730-1239-E-Cota-St-San…

Answers

2
Daniel Zia &…, Agent, Santa Barbara, CA
Mon Apr 13, 2009
Hi Cathis,

To "piggy-back" off of Jon's response, if my memory serves that lot was actually part of a lot split where the developer took a flag lot (gets its name from the lot being in the shape of a flag with a narrow strip for the driveway access that widens out behind a parcel or parcels) and divided it into three parcels. The main parcel had a house on it and he/she completely re-did it and sold the house. The other two small parcels the developer decided to sell individually rather than build-out. They are located on the lower East side of Santa Barbara, but sometimes are marketed as the "lower Riviera" as that has a more positive connotation with local buyers. I hope that helps.

I do specialize in all areas of Santa Barbara and the surrounding communities. Please feel free to contact me if you would like more information about any properties or want to be kept informed of "pocket listings" that are not yet on the market, but that are quietly for sale. On average, I'm able to "dig up" roughly 5-6 pocket listings for each of my clients. My email is Daniel@ZiaGroup.com and my cell phone is 805-637-7148. I look forward to speaking with you.
Web Reference:  http://www.TheZiaGroup.com
iNSITES Team, Agent, Santa Barbara, CA
Sun Apr 12, 2009
Hi Cathis-

The property you're referring to is vacant land.

It's the second parcel of three down a long driveway in the "lower east" area of town, which is a higher density, lower income section of the City of Santa Barbara. Because the area specifically surrounding this parcel is slightly hilly, homes here offer slight views and sell for more than others in the immediate area. According to the listing, this parcel is just over 7,000 square feet and utilities are at the edge of the site.

This might not be what you're looking for since you've asked for details on a home. While single family homes in the greater Santa Barbara area have come down in price quite a bit over the last year or so, most still sell for more than $500,000, the median price still hovers around $900,000, and the average sale price exceeds $1 million. That said, there have been homes in this and other less expensive areas of town that have sold in the high $300,000s and low $400,000s. Generally they're smaller and/or need work, but there are some great opportunities to get into the market. A good number of condos are selling in this price range as well, though again they're usually smaller, older, and often in need of some updating.

If you would like more information, please contact me directly. I don't specialize in this price range, but am more than happy to refer you to a qualified, full-time agent that does.

Jon
(805) 284-3660 direct
Web Reference:  http://www.timeforsb.com