I bought a house in Az moved to CA can I still calim primary resecendy in az for tax? Also i have roomates in the house can that jeperdise me?

Asked by Rochjo5, 95076 Tue Sep 7, 2010

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


NewStarAlex, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Fri Sep 10, 2010
Tough Question, please consult a lawyer imo.
0 votes
Loan Do, Agent, Oceanside, CA
Thu Sep 9, 2010
Regardless whether you have roommates or not, if you reside at the property it would be considered your primary. There may be some rules on how long you must reside at a property to claim it your residence. This should be treated as an opinion only and you should talk to your tax advisor.
0 votes
Endre Barath, Agent, Beverly Hills, CA
Tue Sep 7, 2010
First you need to check with your accountant as far as how many months you have to live in one state to be considered a Resident and what the requirement are, this is not a Realtor question .Love to help you, once you talked with your accountant then you will have your answer.
Web Reference:  http://www.endrebarath.com
0 votes
Shel-lee Dav…, Agent, Rolling Hills Estates, CA
Tue Sep 7, 2010
These are questions most appropriately answered by a real estate attorney or your accountant / tax preparer. Unfortunately, there are not many, if any, of these on this site. If you would like a referral to a great accountant or real estate attorney, please feel free to contact me through my profile. Dare to Dream.

Shel-lee Davis, QSC®
Certified Distressed Property Expert – CDPE®
Short Sale & Foreclosure Resource – SFR®
Certified HAFA Specialist – CHS®
Your Real Estate Consultant for Life
RE/MAX Palos Verdes Realty
0 votes
Deborah Brem…, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Tue Sep 7, 2010
These are definitely questions to as of a CPA; no Realtor is qualified or able to answer this for you.
Deborah Bremner
REALTOR, 00588885
(O) 310-571-1364 DIRECT
(D) 818.564.6591
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more