I am trying to appeal my taxes in Hoboken condo apartment. I found 5 comparable sales. How I can find out that none of them were SHORT SALES. Thanks!

Asked by Hoboken Apartment, Hoboken, NJ Thu Apr 26, 2012

Answers

5
Kevin Dowd, Agent, Hoboken, NJ
Tue May 1, 2012
Unfortunately the deadline for tax appeals was April 1.
Karina Abad, Agent, Basking Ridge, NJ
Thu Apr 26, 2012
Hi Hoboken Apartment, I would strongly recommend that you hire a professional to help you with this, and actually, sorry for the bad news but I believe the deadline has passed so you may have to wait until next year to appeal. You may be hurting yourself by using comparable sales in newer buildings for example who's taxes are based off of higher assessment values..

You can contact Stack and Stack - he is an expert at appeals, I hired him to do my own and he saved me over $2000 annually. His fee is just a flat $500 and he will do all of this work for you.

Stack & Stack 90 Hudson Street Hoboken, NJ 07030. Phone: (201) 659-1000. Fax: (201) 659-0674.

Best of luck!
Diane Maxon, Agent, Jersey City, NJ
Thu Apr 26, 2012
I can get you the information also. I will need addresses only.
David Tobias, Agent, Hoboken, NJ
Thu Apr 26, 2012
If you have the listings, it should indicate. Do you need me to send you actual listing details. I would be happy to do so. My number is 201 936 7164. email dtobias@libertyrealestate.com
Darren Giord…, Agent, Hoboken, NJ
Thu Apr 26, 2012

E-mail me over the properties I will let you know.

Darren Giordano
Prime Real Estate Group
201-723-3300
darren@primereg.com