I am the new property owner and the pricing details for this sale are incorrect. Where does Trulia get their information?

Asked by Phillips, 66221 Sat May 22, 2010

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/homes/Kansas/Olathe/sold/20277350-1371…

Answers

1
Cati Winkel, , Overland Park, KS
Sat May 22, 2010
Congratulations on your new purchase! Kansas is a non-disclosure state, meaning that real estate sale figures can't be published. The only way to find out the accurate selling price of a house is to contact a real estate agent, or wait for the tax records to be published. Sources such as Trulia and Zillow will frequently aggregate their data based on data from other zip codes or neighborhoods that look similar to our area. I wasn't able to find the information on Trulia, but Zillow actually rates the accuracy of their "Zestimates" on a 5-star scale. For the state of Kansas, they give themselves two stars, and when you review the background data, they only use Douglas county to provide Zestimates for the entire state! I hope this information helps!