I am seeking help. Possible fraud in mortgage loan

Asked by cloudybrooks, Hyattsville, MD Fri Nov 23, 2012

My grandfather who took care of all the financial issues with the home. There was a loan taken out on the mortgage. Now that my grandfather has past away and the responsibility is on my 90 year old grandmother. The mortgage company is now saying since her name is not on the loan they can not talk with her. the mortgage is now behind since August 2012 and she might lose her home. Her name is on the Deed and since September I been trying to find help on what to do

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Jorge Carpio, Home Seller, Hyattsville, MD
Fri Feb 8, 2013
The deed of trust is equivalent to the NOTE tittle this instrument has to be recorded and if your relative is not properly included in the deed she still can claim wifes's ownership as the acquirement of the property was during the marriage . in the other hand the banks can only execute or foreclose if they have the note assigned which includes the signature of the owner .Ask the bank to disclose the possession of the note or the paperwork for the assignment if any.Several banks are under fraud investigation- good luck .
0 votes
Ariana Loucas, Agent, ARLINGTON, VA
Sat Nov 24, 2012
I'm so sorry that you are experiencing this. Has the bank asked for the death certificate? That should be all that is required. If they were married, they should own the home as "tenants in the entirety", leaving her the house automatically. Did he have a will? I'm not a lawyer and you want to contact one if you cannot get a remedy by sending in the death certificate. You may need and want to obtain a power of attorney too in order for the mortgage company to talk with you on behalf of your 90 year old grandmother. I pray some of this is helpful. She is lucky to have a granddaughter like you to help.
Ariana Loucas
RE/MAX Advantage
0 votes
Jules Cole, Agent, Gaithersburg, MD
Fri Nov 23, 2012
You definitely need to contact a reputable attorney as soon as possible. I can refer you to a few in the area that have a great deal of experience in this area and have the ability to stop foreclosure, if needed. Feel free to contact me.

Jules Cole
RE/MAX Realty Group
Web Reference:  http://www.askjules.net
0 votes
Fri Nov 23, 2012
I agree. Sounds like you may need a real estate attorney. " time is of the essence". Continue to make payments if possible. That buys time.
0 votes
Charles Bail…, Agent, College Park, MD
Fri Nov 23, 2012
I strongly suggest you get a real estate attorney involved. Don't delay, you'll be getting into foreclosure soon.
0 votes
Richard Iaro…, Agent, Gambrills, MD
Fri Nov 23, 2012
You need to contact a real estate attorney as soon as possible. Something this serious is not going to be answered adequately in a forum like this.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more