I am looking for a house like this in oroville .

Asked by Rolland, 95919 Tue Jan 27, 2009

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/1072580560-2078-2nd-St-Orovil…

Answers

2
Robin Anders…, Agent, Oroville, CA
Fri Jan 14, 2011
Downtown Oroville has some very nice homes mixed in with not so nice. Drive down streets like Montgomery Street, Robinson Street, High Street, Pine Street then head up Montgomery Street past the round about and up to Orange. to the left there are nice little neighborhoods, and then to the right behind Oroville High School some nice places. You can head up to Canyon Highlands, Valley View and Lemon Hill..nice nice. East Foothills area has nice areas to live in..out of town but close to town. All minutes to the Lake Oroville and Feather River and the numerous nature trails. Upper East Foothills has homes with more elbow room and then across the bridge and head up to Berry Creek..some very nice places. There are so many nice areas in Oroville, I cannot begin to do them justice in such a small space. Just come on up..grab a map and I will point you in the direction you may like. Oroville is a lovely small town that has some more growing to do..but we are growing. Super WalMart was just approved.
Nancyginger, Home Buyer, Sacramento, CA
Sat Jul 10, 2010
I live in Sacramento. I bought 2 houses 7 years ago in Oroville. Prices are about where the were over 10 years ago in Oroville. I am going to retire there in the next few years.

You have to be careful about rental property (I learned). There is a high unemployment rate there, not a lot of good jobs. If someone has a decent job, why can't they buy a house there since houses are so cheap?

Stay away from the "south side" of Oroville. It is still many times more safe than the bad areas in Sacramento. However, decent tenants don't want to rent a house in a bad area. 2nd street in Oroville is o.k. but lots of rental properties there. You really gotta be careful. Location...location...location. I would just focus on a really nice area for the little more you may spend. Parts of old town are nice. If you drive up into the foothills, there are some beautiful homes. Just stay away from areas that are concentrated with rental properties in Oroville. There are a lot of them. Trust me..I learned my lesson!