I am looking at properties in other states and am discovering Roswell has some of the highest priced real estate on the market.

Asked by Regina McGlashen, Roswell, NM Thu Nov 25, 2010

Roswell is basically a farming, non-industrial area save the oil production that is limited in scope compared to other oil producing areas. Mostly blue collar work, human services especially and minimal across the board professional jobs available. What makes a 3 bedroom rancher sitting on a small lot so much more valuable than other areas? Is there something in Roswell that I am missing? It is a fairly isolated area that requires out of town services for most medical services, shopping, major restaurant chains, and chooses to not paticipate in various promotions that may apply in other cities. The taxes are no less expensive than comparably sized cities that offer more employment opportunity and access to a variety of entertainment venues. I can not figure out if Roswell is in a high end real estate market or a lower middle class to poverty stricken area. Houses selling for 2 million dollars are a stones throw away from 45,000 homes that are fixer uppers. Am I not seeing something ?