I am foreigner can I buy this properties if yes please tell me the procedure and how many % I need to pay 40% 50% and interest rate

Asked by Hrante Jallikian, Outside U.S. Sun Dec 18, 2011

Optional details about your question

This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3034514049-7446-Quartz-Ave-Wi…

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Emily Knell, Agent, Huntington Beach, CA
Sun Dec 18, 2011
You do have financing options with US banking institutions even though you live outside the US. I have clients in Australia who are able to do the same thing. I can refer you to my mortgage lender who does have loan programs for out of country investors. Are you going to be moving here or would your purchase be strictly for investment?

Shoot me an email directly if you want to talk about this some more, I don't look back on this same Trulia thread for answers posted after mine.

562-430-3053 c
Realtor Since 1996
Main Street Realtors
0 votes
Tai Savet, Agent, West Hollywood, CA
Mon Sep 3, 2012
Hi There,

You should look at this site http://www.lenderlister.com/ they have good banks to look at and they give you a bunch of guidelines to follow to see what you will need before you apply.

However HSBC is a great bank to work with aswell

Tai Savet
0 votes
James Tan, Agent, elk grove, CA
Sat Apr 7, 2012

Although it is difficult to get a loan for a foreign national to buy a property in the US, it is still possible. Typically you will need to put down 50% for an easy to qualify loan. HSBC offers a lower down payment, however you will have to open a checking account and deposit $100k in it.
To qualify for a loan, some banks would like you to document it with a Tax return, CPA letter, or equivalent. There is one which does not require a lot of documentation, but charges a higher interest rate, in the order of 5% p/a, adjustable rate mortgage (5 year or 7 year fixed).

Hope that helps.

Contact me for further info.
0 votes
Lance King, Agent, San Francisco, CA
Mon Dec 19, 2011
It is definitely easier to buy cash, but you can get a loan if your financials are in order. HSBC has financed a number of transactions for our international clients.

Best Regards,

Lance King/Owner-Managing Broker
DRE# 01384425
0 votes
Sara Mehrpou…, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Sun Dec 18, 2011
Hi Hrante,

It would be easier to buy all cash. It may be difficult to obtain financing if you do not have any credit in the US.

Sara Mehrpouyan CDPE
Direct: 818-903-2040
Dre License #01712757

Sign Up For New Listing Alerts by Email: http://www.newlosangeleshomesearch.com
Web Reference:  http://athomewithsara.com
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Property Q&A in Winnetka Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more