I am also looking for rent to own homes in Brunswick, Ohio and Broadview Heights, Ohio.

Asked by Latorya, Broadview Heights, OH Fri May 27, 2011

Answers

1
James Gordon…, Agent, Hamilton, OH
Sat May 28, 2011
Latorya traditionally you are better off renting and improving your credit to qualify for a home loan. There are some homes available in most areas where the seller will rent to you for a 2-3 year period and then you have to purchase the house. In my area sellers are looking at lease options. In this type of propgram there are 2 elements. The option contract that gives you the right to purchase the home at a specified date for a predetermined amount of money. The second part is a traditional lease. When the option period is up if you do not exercise the option and purchase the home you lose your option fee.
The problem with a rent to own where the renter/buyer has no money to lose if they do not buy is that the renter/buyer has no incentive to make sure that they are working being able to get a traditional loan in the future.