I a m looking for thoughts on this development, Summerwood. Will noise from 485 be an issue?Thanks!

Asked by Trish, West Hartford, CT Thu Feb 19, 2009

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/1074589673-8323-Early-Bird-Wa…

Answers

3
Jeff, , Ballantyne East, Charlotte, NC
Wed Oct 13, 2010
Hi Trish. I considered buying in Summerwood 2 years ago and instead bought in Olde Sycamore a golf community also in Mint Hill and not too far from Summerwood. I spent some time in Summerwood and I didn't notice street noise from I485. I chose not to buy in Summerwood because the housing recession was just beginning to work it's way into Charlotte: Summerwood was just getting off the ground and I had concerns that it would remain largely unfinished for some time until the recession began to subside. 2 Years later (around March of this year) I drove through Summerwood again and it seemed as if my fears were justified as the community was still largely unfinished. A check (this morning) of sales in the MLS shows 2 sales in the past 6 mos and none in the past 3 mos. There are currently 3 Available homes in Summerwood that have been on the market for 11 mos. to over 2 years. There are 2 available lots that have been on the market for over 9 mos. My guess is that there are many other lots not yet prepped and ready for sale as homesites. My suggestion for you is to take the time to drive through Summerwood and see for yourself what has been done and what remains to be done. If you would like I will investigate further on your behalf.
Shawn McStra…, Agent, Matthews, NC
Thu Sep 10, 2009
Hi Trish,
I have been wandering the same thing. I grew up off Brief Rd, which is parallel to Bartlett, and currently have a home listed in Stonebridge. This is the neighbornood on the right before Summerwood. So I drove around both subdivisions with the windows down to see what the difference would be for a client. My preference is that Stonebridge has more privacy and does tend to be more quiet than Summerwood. The value of the homes are also better, Shea vs. Ryan. So my recommendation, if possible, is for you to drive around both subdivisions and see what you prefer.
Danielle Spu…, , Monroe, NC
Wed Aug 19, 2009
Hi Trish!

I was just at Summerwood this past weekend with out of state clients who absolutely fell in love with this community. 485 is about a mile or two away from the development - close enough to make driving convenient but far enough away that you wouldn't hear any noise. The wooded lots & common areas give the development a sense of quiet peacefulness.

I would be happy to show you the area next time you're in town or I could take some video for you if you'd like. The amenities (pool, clubhouse etc.) are not built out yet but are expected within the next year depending on sales in the neighborhood. It is a gorgeous community!

Let me know if I can help in any way!

Danielle Spuler
Allen Tate Realtors
(704) 776-0278
danielle.spuler@allentate.com