IS this info true for this place? Place up for rent on Craigslist as shown in this link http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/apa/3048395245.html

Asked by yazzie1, Antioch, CA Mon Jun 4, 2012

From: Llgo Vgbk [mailto:vgbkllgo@yahoo.com]
Sent: 03 June, 2012 3:20 AM
Subject: RE: $600 / 3br - Single-Family Home (Antioch CA)

Thanks for your mail and also for contacting me on the house, I am Miranda A Arce , the owner of the house you are making inquiry of. I must confess to you that you are a lucky tenant. Presently my house is still available for rent for $600 (rent already includes utilities). Due to our present location, we have been transferred from Work to Western region in Africa, i am an x ray welder, and i was transferred here under Niger dock plc. My wife came here to join me with my kids after some months i was transfer, I will be here for 5 years. My Father is ill and he has gone to Germany for surgery. So my wife had to come along with the keys and all the documents to the property because my father is not around for now. It is not share accommodation, it's all for you and your family.

Please i want you to note that i spent a lot on my prope

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/homes/California/Antioch/sold/2930302-…

Answers

4
Marston Myers, , Brandon, FL
Tue Jun 5, 2012
Of course this is a scam. Unfortunately many of the CL scam pages are not as evident and have local connections. Many times homes that are in foreclosure or are actually listed for rent elsewhere have their "identity" stolen, listed for less on CL making them appear a good deal, and the unwary tenant pays the alleged owner a deposit or more with cash or a cashiers check, never to be seen again. Or even worse they have had the locks changed, give the new tenants keys and THEN disappear. What a mess!

Use CL for quick references and a feel for the market and then use a REALTOR to protect your interests whether renting, buying or selling!
Jennifer Rom…, Agent, Antioch, CA
Mon Jun 4, 2012
I concur...that is definitely a scam!! Steer clear, you are smart to seek guidance. If it sounds untrue, or too good to be true, then it likely is!
Pacita Dimac…, Agent, Oakland, CA
Mon Jun 4, 2012
Oh my word....classic scam email, another version of the same scam that's been going on for years

Refer to Craigslist's own warning about scams
http://www.craigslist.org/about/scams

It's already been flagged for removal.
Neil Case, Agent, Martinez, CA
Mon Jun 4, 2012
I don't even have to look that up in the records system. I can tell you with 99% certainty that is a scam. That and similar scam have been circulating for years. They will want you to transfer some money to them due to some goofy reason that makes no sense. They prey on people who hope beyond hope that they are getting a good deal. Just stick with the old saying, "if it looks too good to be true then it probably is".